Thread: 2007 gmc silverado duramax classic diesel

Tuner in Training

2007 gmc silverado duramax classic diesel

im looking for a good baseline tune for 07 duramax, im new to hptuners and only had tuned a couple vettes.... diesels are out of my league and im would appreciate is someone could give me a couple pointers, or a good tune that i could compare to..... its all stock and looking to gain some hp and good towing capabilities, but yet still get good mpg!!!! all the help appreciated.

Tuner
    What kind of truck 2500 3500?

Tuner in Training
    its a 2500 hd crew cab long bed.
    its my uncles truck and he wants to help with his work... pulling trailers, better mileage, more hp, without having to do anything extra. basically just put a good all round tune on it and keep it stock....
    Last edited by denny1517; 09-01-2008 at 09:18 PM.

Tuner
    Look in the repository at some the tunes that I posted. They are on a 06 but will work on your truck. You cant actualy load a tune from a 06 in a 07. I recomend downloading a tune from the repository. Opening your stock tune, and using the compare feture to copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    Look in the repository at some the tunes that I posted. They are on a 06 but will work on your truck. You cant actualy load a tune from a 06 in a 07. I recomend downloading a tune from the repository. Opening your stock tune, and using the compare feture to copy and paste.

Blued turboed is a good guy. You can trust his tunes, but yeah I would also always do the compare feature.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner in Training
    hey i appreciate it lots.. i noticed that you have 2 or 3 settings ummm... which one would you recommend to start with for what im needing what kind of gas mileage can he expect to get if he lays off of it?