Thread: Looking for a cheap new laptop?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Looking for a cheap new laptop?

Best Buy had a really good sale on a "low end" compaq Presario CQ50-105NR laptop:

160 gb 5400rpm HD
    1.9ghz AMD Athlon x2 Processor
    Vista Home Premium
    2gb Ram
    15.4in HD widescreen
    Double Layer DVD R/W w/lightscribe

The ONLY thing I wish it had would be a memory card reader ie SD cards but other than that it has everything that I would personally want in a pc.

Seems to work great with our software thus far and for a price of only $379+tax it was an awesome deal!

ps I am in no way saying best buy is the best place to buy a laptop but in this case I got a good deal on a good laptop and just wanted to point this out to anyone looking.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-31-2008 at 04:31 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i just bought a dell inspiron 1525 just for tuning and it was $479 out the door!! it was also at best buy
    07 tbss awd-pcmforless tune-ieatsrt8-corsa-billet catch can-PB udp-efan-3in y pipe-dashawk
    07 ccsb z71-my tune-airaid-gibson-servos-asp-s2 tb-billet catch can-aeroforce's

Intriguing...does it come with free burrito support for life?

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    Intriguing...does it come with free burrito support for life?
    Uh oh.. Bill we're going to have to lock this thread. Steven is back from the dead....
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    i've got 4 of them.. They are good laptops. Only 1 is broken right now, one other has a lazy L key the others are fine. All are put up to a professional tuners abuse on and off the dyno in extreme heat and cold and rough vibration/use. I couldn't be happier especially for the price.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    i just got a Acer Aspire one...its awesome and very portable. Solid state drive so you'll never ruin the hard drive during tuning. Retail is $329. Got mine on sale for $309.

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Uh oh.. Bill we're going to have to lock this thread. Steven is back from the dead....
    Oh...don't be confused. I'm still dead

He's like Tupac. :P
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I bought this computer to replace an older HP model. I needed something that had the brightview screen to see in the daylight and also my old computer had a phantom comma key. It runs like a champ for as much as I hate the vista system. With a little tweaking found on the net and removal of all the junk its has great battery life and awesome performance

Senior Tuner
    So anyone dumping a phantom keyed or other mucho problema' OLD laptop they don't need after upgrading to new toys? Anyone?