Thread: Russ K's MAF tune question.

Tuner

Russ K's MAF tune question.

After several dry runs I have made it through Russ's MAF tune sticky. While tuning the MAF I improved it 50%, before it was off almost a full point on the rich side so there is a little more work to do to really dial it in.

I do have several questions that would really help me:

-When zeroing out the LTFT why not do that, AND, disable the LTFT learning, while MAF tuning? If you do not want to do this, why?

-After looking at the MAF chart and smoothing it, it looks pretty much like it should. But, when looking at the MAF histogram and the wide band after calibration, I am still very rich by a full point easy at idle. I read here somewhere that the VE table may be referenced for the idle mixture. The post I read said that the idle was always rich after MAF tuning until the VE table was tuned and then it fell into place, what does everyone think about this?

-I just read ALL the posts in reference to Russ' K's MAF tune sticky and half way through them he said to not reset any of the PE tables except for PE Vs TPS. So, leave them at zero, and everything will be better than before?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stalker L-67; 02-22-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    Scott in San Diego with a L-67 Super Stalker.
    Mods in the next month or so, yeah its a moving target!
    Gen 5 blower, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF,3.4 pulley for starters.