Thread: Security Access Denied

Security Access Denied

Based on the search I did on here, if we have a new customer and we are unable to download the calibration with a "security access denied" failure, it was likely locked by a previous tuner? Correct?

The car was in accessory mode for at least 15 seconds before attempting downloading.

Will a reflash from the Tech2 at the dealer allow us to start over or is a new ECM the ONLY option?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    More than likely yes it was previously tunerlocked, you should make sure the vehicle is in the key on mode rather than accessory mode before trying to read although I think some corvettes & some trucks can also read in acc. mode as well but we recommend against it if at all possible.

Tech 2 probably won't be able to write the pcm either if it is in fact locked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

All of the C6's we have done will program in Acc mode so that is not the issue.

So would it be a waste of money to have the dealer reflash with the Tech2 if possible? Or better yet if it is able to reflash will it erase the problem?

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGen
    All of the C6's we have done will program in Acc mode so that is not the issue.

So would it be a waste of money to have the dealer reflash with the Tech2 if possible? Or better yet if it is able to reflash will it erase the problem?

Thanks.
    It seems to be more of a problem when flashing A6 C6's so yes it can be an issue and we've seen it be an issue which is why we recommend against it.

I doubt the dealer will be able to "fix" a locked pcm, having it unlocked by the original tuner would be your best bet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"