Thread: 3-Bar and your VE table... questions

Tuner

3-Bar and your VE table... questions

Ive been steadily sorting out little issues with my Turbo build now through out the summer.

I have a question about the VE table in the upper MAP regions. I have mine in about the mid 80's or so right now.

My issue is i get a surge and very light lul in RPM increase in upper gears like 3rd and 4th when its pouring the pork to it. Its pulling about an 10.8-11.2 AFR on the wide band and i do have methanol injection spraying then with pure methanol in the tank.

My thoughts are the VE table may be out of whack into boost that would so this to a degree?? Or is it ignore all VE input when in PE?

My other issue is too, the MAP sensor readys about 150KPA and the boost guage is reading about 11psi and reading 12 psi right at the turbo from the boost controller. The MAP sensor gets its input right from the same manifold in the brake boost line that the boost gauge does. Any idea why its kinda low to actual boost? The hose is 5/16" diam and its a turbo trans am 3 Bar map in it that i have verified the part # on several times...

Also when i up the boost to over 17 psi it really would break up bad last year, right at 17 for soem reason, wide band went apeshit and could never pin it on one thing from the snanner either.

Any input is appreciated. Log file and tune file are attached.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Tuner
    bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1
    Also when i up the boost to over 17 psi it really would break up bad last year, right at 17 for soem reason, wide band went apeshit and could never pin it on one thing from the snanner either.
    this sounds like you are blowing the spark out.

As for above, you need to ascertain where your MAP error is, since 150 is like 7psi. Is the error in the scanner and it's config or back on the PCM side (rhetorical)
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner
    I swapped in a fresh set of plugs tonight and gapped them a .022" and made night and day diff thus far, just need to lean it out a touch now and keep testing it. Ill report back on here if its solved or comes back