Thread: LS3 cam and bolt ons tuning help needed

Potential Tuner
    Just west of nowhere, transplanted to Nebraska

LS3 cam and bolt ons tuning help needed

Ok guys looking for a lot of help here, I installed a BTR stage IV cam, a BoWhite TB, a Vararam (tune req) CAI, and a 160 stat, gears will be going in at a later date. Ok exit intro

The car fired right off and anything below 3K rpm it ran, idle was too low and sluggish MAF/Stabilitrac kept going in and out until Rs were up, but stayed running it went into limp mode as soon as it went over 3500 with moderate acceleration. I had a custom tune installed already, originally from a Diablo but now on HP, for LT headers and cat-delete full 3" exhaust. I am no tuner at all but I managed to search the repository to find some I could cut and paste from to get CEL to clear and help the idle and I am not going to be on a dyno anytime soon. Once break in is done, provided I manage a good tune then it may see the bottle at which time it will spend time on a dyno, if I go that far. My tuner I work with isn't sure if he will be able to get me a good tune since I have a cam and bolt-ons, not until I can get him some logs after 150+ miles of running. He recommended I reach out to the HP community for additional support, attached is my bastardized(current tune) tune to get codes to clear and idle and the other is the tune I had before the cam install(stockDiablew pre cam tune). Just looking for help to get the best out of this setup.

Much appreciated guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

need to get a log file on current set up,, this will tell us what needs to be changed

Potential Tuner
    gmonde, I do have a cruising log but there are no miles yet the ECU is still writing or learning as far as I understand???

A cruising log would be good. No wot unless you want it to go boom. Do you have a wideband?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

even if its a lap around the block ,, as metioned wide band will be key...other than that you will be shooting in the dark

Potential Tuner
    Guys I do not have a wideband in yet, it is on order, I will attach some logs I have
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Driving logs attached

Tuner
    im done 2 cars with this cam and same sitting .. the first one was 2008 capres ss ls3 swap , 2nd one is 2015 chavy ss . i didn't likw this came personal .. but if there is any help i can offer ? MAF/Stabilitrac ? thats it ? go to Engine diag> airflow .. and try to cope these tables

hq.png
    Last edited by steve-0; 03-14-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Are these logs and tunes useless until I get wideband or is this atleast manageable?

Let me know

Thanks in advance

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Are these logs and tunes useless until I get wideband or is this atleast manageable?

Let me know

Thanks in advance
    you dont need a WB for these sating ..

Potential Tuner
    Nope, didn't think I did but I am looking to get the optimum tune out of it and someone who is a guru with these things can help get me the best tune possible and maybe some tweaking after I get the WB in, haha

Potential Tuner
    Ok without such a broad request of reinventing the wheel on my tune, can I get some input with my fuel trims to get them right? I believe it is running too rich but not sure where to go from there.

Thanks in advance