Thread: How many would be interested in a Calibrated Success class for Fords?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

How many would be interested in a Calibrated Success class for Fords?

Just wondering who would be seriously interested in a Ford only training class held by Greg Banish(efi calibrator)?

With the large differences between GM & Ford tuning I see alot of GM tuners trying to get their feet wet but because of the differences are a bit lost in the strategy ford employs, some things little & some things that could turn into big problems if not careful.

Just wondering who would like something like this put together and what your city & state is to better identify what facilities might work out best.

Again, no promises, just looking for feedback as to who would definitely go to a class if it became available.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I would like to hold one here at my shop in colorado.

I'm pretty central and colorado springs is a great town and not too expensive.

I'd love to have greg come to colorado and put on a show for us. I am trying to round up local people now as we speak, as I was trying to get one of his classes going out here already.

Ill even by all the beer for everyone.
    Last edited by Fox95; 08-23-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

i wouldn't mind a write up for hptuners.. i bought the book but i can put the theory towards GM more the Ford.. since being in kuwait getting over there is a bitch

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

I Have A Dynojet 224x In My Shop And Would Love To Have A Class In My Shop. I Am Located Appx 50 Miles From Charleston,sc Just Off I95. There Are Not Any Tuning Classes Offered In This Area, They Are Usually On The West Coast.thanks In Advance- Trent Canady
    Call If Interested #843-549-2205 Or 843-599-9804.

Potential Tuner
    Very interested.

Car is tuned out the HP Performance Shop in Orange Park Fl.

06 Mustang GT
    11.89@114 Naturally Aspirated. 4.6 3V

David Stauder

Tuner in Training
    I have his book, also I am interested but i am from Saudi Arabia, if there would be any over seas possibilities to have a course, i can arrange for all the expense and equipment and we have several Dyno jet and Mustang Dyno for real time practice.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon
    Custom Tuning via Email Available

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up Kansas Here

I would be able to attend the one in CO. if you set something up in co springsI have a 95 5.0 tfs top end kit stage 3 cam and cnc work(fox lake racing)i am having problems getting this tuningdown myself.

Senior Tuner
    Bill, not to sound crude, but before this can be done, I seriously think you guys need to add in the Stoich AFR scalar to the Ford software, on top of the parameters I previously mentioned here on the boards in regards to the FPVT (fuel pump voltage table) limitations HPT has yet to implement. You're asking Greg to train people with software that isn't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox95 View Post
    I would like to hold one here at my shop in colorado.

I'm pretty central and colorado springs is a great town and not too expensive.

I'd love to have greg come to colorado and put on a show for us. I am trying to round up local people now as we speak, as I was trying to get one of his classes going out here already.

Ill even by all the beer for everyone.
    I'm in/out of Colorado Springs, so I'd be more than happy to help organize/plan or help out!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner
    I'd definitely be interested, I'm in FL, have a loaded MD-500 Mustang dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Bill, not to sound crude, but before this can be done, I seriously think you guys need to add in the Stoich AFR scalar to the Ford software, on top of the parameters I previously mentioned here on the boards in regards to the FPVT (fuel pump voltage table) limitations HPT has yet to implement. You're asking Greg to train people with software that isn't complete.

I'm in/out of Colorado Springs, so I'd be more than happy to help organize/plan or help out!
    +1

I'd like a functioning scanner for my 09 mustang gt

Senior Tuner
    I didn't see that this was an old thread. My bad.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    X2 on that. There are sooooo many things missing that help proper tuning without work-arounds (and in some cases, no work arounds to some of the parameters). Even worse, in some cases the files are completely fubared with some F150 calibrations in the tranny sections (invalid values, and changing them have no effect). Then again, some of the same problems exist in SCT's calibration files. Real bear to setup a good aftermarket torque converter when there are 78, 2C or 13 in all the parameter sections you need to modify.

Case in point, if you have a converter with a lot of disc lockup surface area, you can't modify some critical items in PCE1 (and the other codes in the calibration family). Really sucks with 4th gear lockup, because it can yield harsh lockups at very light throttle (too quick a lockup at low throttle). There are work-arounds for that, but they aren't optimal.

If HP could support more parameters, and get them right where SCT didn't, the value of the software would go up significantly in my opinion.
    Having fun!

Tuner in Training
    I would be interested, theres notting wrong with learning more. specially ford way different than GM. But i would also like a book or something if for some reason i cant attend a class.

Im interested even though im just jumping on the wagon. There are tons of 05 and up stangs around here. i have 6-7 friends i could tune for right now. but ive gotta be able to tune my own car first. if there is anywhere i can gain knowledge to tune my car other than the forums here also, please let me know. There are also several shops within the area and i know 1 of them would be more than happy to set something up.