Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Force View Post
    I've got 2 Dodge customer vehicles I am currently ready to tune right now with HP Tuners. Any hope for coverage on a 2001 Durango 4x4 w/ 4.7(N) Magnum V8, Auto, and an early 2004 Ram 5.9(C) HO Cummins, Auto (ECM: SCI/ CM848) ??
    Thanks.
    Not anytime soon. We'll be covering most NGC3 applications upon initial release. Neither of those applications use that pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    So when all this comes to fruition I will be able to dyno tune my SRT4 is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Getgonesrt View Post
    So when all this comes to fruition I will be able to dyno tune my SRT4 is that correct?
    Think that will be possible right after the na stuff is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not anytime soon. We'll be covering most NGC3 applications upon initial release. Neither of those applications use that pcm.
    not anytime soon? i dont get it. the 2012 zl1 camaro in which they probably made a few hundred of them already has a tuning solution and us dodge guys have been waiting over 10 years for this to happen..... there are literally millions of dodge/chrysler/jeep vehicles on the road with the jtec pcm so i cant understand why some limited production car that just came out ONE MONTH ago has tuning when millions of chryslers that have been driving around for 15 years dont. what is it gonna take to have the concentration on GM and Ford stuff put on hold for a few months so that the dodge stuff can be rolled out? I can help with vin numbers, pcm os numbers, i know chrysler tuners that can help.... I really hope B&G Chrysler isn't paying you guys off to not provide us some tuning so that they continue to control our market with their crappy mail order tunes.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    not anytime soon? i dont get it. the 2012 zl1 camaro in which they probably made a few hundred of them already has a tuning solution and us dodge guys have been waiting over 10 years for this to happen..... there are literally millions of dodge/chrysler/jeep vehicles on the road with the jtec pcm so i cant understand why some limited production car that just came out ONE MONTH ago has tuning when millions of chryslers that have been driving around for 15 years dont. what is it gonna take to have the concentration on GM and Ford stuff put on hold for a few months so that the dodge stuff can be rolled out? I can help with vin numbers, pcm os numbers, i know chrysler tuners that can help.... I really hope B&G Chrysler isn't paying you guys off to not provide us some tuning so that they continue to control our market with their crappy mail order tunes.
    Apples to oranges dude. We already support E67 pcm's which are in the ZL1, literally took us 5 days to support it. Does it look like its been 5 days to support dodge? In any event, not even comparable.

Apples to oranges dude. We already support E67 pcm's which are in the ZL1, literally took us 5 days to support it. Does it look like its been 5 days to support dodge? In any event, not even comparable.
    yea i know sorry man its just really frustrating. im sure you can imagine.
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I can imagine, can you imagine the guys with 07 Chargers & 300C's not understanding why their 6 year old cars aren't available while their 7 year old counterparts are? As for sending in vin's, strategies, etc. we've already had about 60 strategies sent in for NGC3 so we've got plenty of work, JTEC is likely similar meaning gobs of work, without saying too much more about it it'll be a while.

I can imagine, can you imagine the guys with 07 Chargers & 300C's not understanding why their 6 year old cars aren't available while their 7 year old counterparts are? As for sending in vin's, strategies, etc. we've already had about 60 strategies sent in for NGC3 so we've got plenty of work, JTEC is likely similar meaning gobs of work, without saying too much more about it it'll be a while.
    well i wont be getting rid of this truck so as long as it happens eventually, ill be waiting to buy those credits
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper

I don't understand the frustration. All of these guys complaining that a software company which based its company originally on GM Tuning isn't helping the Mopar group. There are alot of companies out there not helping the Mopar group. HP Tuners is trying to keep up with GM, Ford, and come up with Mopar tuning all with a staff big enough to do one group. I do tuning for a living, that is my day job 50hrs a week and I also tune once I get home for friends and friends of friends. When I have a Mopar to tune, I simply tune it with a different software than HPT. It's not complicated. If you want to tune your 5.9L, buy SCT. If you want to tune your Hemi, buy Diablosport or SCT. Diablosport even does V6 Jeeps, SRT4's, etc. All of this pissing and moaning that HPT is the one holding you up when there is already other options is just ridiculous. When HPT finally releases I will probably try using it for Mopars instead of the others, but I'm not going to act as if there are no other options just because HPT doesn't have it ready yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    I don't understand the frustration. All of these guys complaining that a software company which based its company originally on GM Tuning isn't helping the Mopar group. There are alot of companies out there not helping the Mopar group. HP Tuners is trying to keep up with GM, Ford, and come up with Mopar tuning all with a staff big enough to do one group. I do tuning for a living, that is my day job 50hrs a week and I also tune once I get home for friends and friends of friends. When I have a Mopar to tune, I simply tune it with a different software than HPT. It's not complicated. If you want to tune your 5.9L, buy SCT. If you want to tune your Hemi, buy Diablosport or SCT. Diablosport even does V6 Jeeps, SRT4's, etc. All of this pissing and moaning that HPT is the one holding you up when there is already other options is just ridiculous. When HPT finally releases I will probably try using it for Mopars instead of the others, but I'm not going to act as if there are no other options just because HPT doesn't have it ready yet.
    Well said

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Well said
    x2
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    lol who are you supposed to be? some ambassador to HPTuners? HP is one of the best if not the best tuning platforms out there for GM stuff. I know this because I use it to tune my Ws6 all the time. They also have great support with Bill and Chris. I also happen to use the SCT to tune my Dodge (with the help of the HPTuners scanner which works). I can tell you from experience, the tables in the SCT are not only more difficult to tune with, but also there are not half as many adjustable parameters because SCT simply stopped their R&D when they really weren't finished yet. there are areas of the dodge pcm that cannot be altered with SCT but i know those areas exist because other mail order places like B&G for example have accessed those parameters. People want HPtuners to do Dodge because HPtuners is the best there is and if GM people can have that awesome tunability, then why not Dodge?
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    SCT simply stopped their R&D when they really weren't finished yet.
    I think you just made the case as to why we should be patient with this release.

HPT is what it is, because they don't cut corners with their work.
    I don't think anyone here would want to see HPT fall to the same level as SCT because they rushed a release due to people who 'just couldn't wait'.
    Tyler

My friend has a 2007 caliber and the SES light is on. Can my scanner read the code? I've got 2.23
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

Who am I supposed to be, I am someone who doesn't just tune my own vehicles for fun, I do it for a living and with quite a few different versions of software. I know about the SCT issue, I've tuned many Dodges using their software. The pcm from those trucks is about as basic as a nice calculator. B & G has software that pretty much nobody other than Chrysler themselves has which includes software to tune the un-tunable 2011 up cars. I am just happy SCT spent the time in the first place to give us something to tune those vehicles with. If or when HPT comes out with software to tune those vehicles it will likely be better although a very much dying breed to write software for. There are constantly people posting on here with the "if you have the software I'll buy the credits" attitude as if HPT will just whip out the software for them since they want it. The other attitude that I've been seeing which is people complaining about how long it's taking and that they are driving un-tuned vehicles because of them when there is software out there already. It's like not going to work because your car wont start. There are other ways to get to work. Why isn't EFI Live, Diablosport, Tunercat, etc. getting poked at for not having dodge software or SCT for not caring that they need to improve what they already have? I'm sure the Ford boys aren't happy that HPT has really put them aside while doing this Dodge project. My point is bugging them is going no where. I check this post every month or so to see if it's ready yet and in the mean time I continue to tune Dodges with SCT and Diablosport which is already available and working just fine. As soon as it's ready my money will go to HPT simply because I shouldn't have to buy a unit just to load the software for each customer.

Potential Tuner
    I agree with you on several points Zippy but if people dont push and show there's a demand for something manufacturers will never try to meet a demand they dont know exist. Diablosport tuning works for us Mopar guys but it's half ass at best. Believe me I'm thankful to have it but I/we the Mopar crowd would love to have something better. Heck just having info on what each table or parameter is actually adjusting would be nice. The Mopar crowd is definately waiting (somewhat patiently) on HPT to take care of us. So thanks in advance HPT for taking the time to consider making tuning available for the "red headed stepchild" group of the automotive world.

Tuner
    Hi any idea when the dodge tuning will be released?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Z View Post
    LOL
    2015 Ram 1500 Hemi HP Tuned
    2003 Mercedes E55 AMG Hoping to be supported

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post
    Not to beat up the guys at HPTuners, but have you read any of this thread?