Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Out of the big 3 dodge is the lowest selling. Not to mention we had Ford info but no dodge info(or very little) so for us the choice was obvious. We didn't and couldn't plan for dodge to take as long as it has but it is what it is.
    Uhm... not even close. Of the big three in total numbers, Dodge is the lowest selling overall. That includes models which aren't seeking tunes such as the Caravan. But in the need for performance based tuning, quantity of sales of HEMI equipped cars nearly triples that of other competitors. As well does the quantity of those who seek performance. Someone mentioned 100k views of this link alone. That shows that people are searching that beautiful thing we call the internet searching all options.

One must not forget that from 2005 to 2012, Dodge released various platforms all using the 5.7L and 6.1L HEMI's. Platforms such as the LX, LC, and LY Chassis codes. This didn't just include the Challenger or Charger, but also the Magnum and 300C. All of which came with or continue to come with options of the 5.7 HEMI and either a 6.1 or 6.4 depending on year. In fact, from 2005-2011 the technology contained within was the same and was notably one of the easiest to tune. The new system introduced in 2011... now apparently that is a totally different animal and even Diablo struggled with tuning it.

In terms of the actual sales of the vehicles compared to those being tuned, the Chrysler line up smashes anything GM has but falls short of the Mustang Gang. Dodge trucks, ironically, also don't fall far behind. Although their diesel is more sought after for tuning than the 5.7 was. Honest number of sales shows that blaming quantity of Dodge vs. the other two is just an excuse. However, claims of R&D on something that isn't their proprietary sales is honest and valued more by customers.

All that said, being an avid owner of both GM and Chrysler, I'd say its got nothing to do with the sales of the vehicle, but more so what is available to tune and just who might be the first out of the gate. Diablosport has great hand helds for all, but, they are more versed for Chrysler and by far more successful with them than anyone else. A company like HP is more versed in GM and Ford and more successful with them on the contrary.

For those patiently still waiting on HP, other tuning softwares work with the Diablo hand helds... hence you don't see people trying to snag up proprietary software for Chryslers like you see people doing for GM and Ford.

As for the guy still complaining about issues getting your HEMI tuned, you aren't looking very hard at all... DCX Tuning software is made by at least half a dozen different companies and most can be installed with a Diablo tuner.

As for HP Tuners on the other hand... I wish you would get something squared away with HEMI tuning so that I could single source my tuning into one program.

I think someone offered up some of their HEMI tunes to you. I'd be willing to do the same. I've got a Saab 9-7X with 3.8 bore and 4" stroke. Running the 363 with the OEM tune works, but it is not calibrated well at all. I would like to purchase the HP software and be able to adjust both vehicles.

If this isn't something going to happen in the next year like it hasn't in the past 4, I'll rethink my options... but I would like to be able to tune my Saab with HP as their proven GM track record is just a little more insurance on the 10k I just invested.

Please let us know if you will or will not be truly doing anything here. This thread is some 4 years old, I think its about time for an honest answer as there is obvious interest.

... on that note, good night all!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinewil81 View Post
    Uhm... not even close. Of the big three in total numbers, Dodge is the lowest selling overall. That includes models which aren't seeking tunes such as the Caravan. But in the need for performance based tuning, quantity of sales of HEMI equipped cars nearly triples that of other competitors. As well does the quantity of those who seek performance. Someone mentioned 100k views of this link alone. That shows that people are searching that beautiful thing we call the internet searching all options.

One must not forget that from 2005 to 2012, Dodge released various platforms all using the 5.7L and 6.1L HEMI's. Platforms such as the LX, LC, and LY Chassis codes. This didn't just include the Challenger or Charger, but also the Magnum and 300C. All of which came with or continue to come with options of the 5.7 HEMI and either a 6.1 or 6.4 depending on year. In fact, from 2005-2011 the technology contained within was the same and was notably one of the easiest to tune. The new system introduced in 2011... now apparently that is a totally different animal and even Diablo struggled with tuning it.

In terms of the actual sales of the vehicles compared to those being tuned, the Chrysler line up smashes anything GM has but falls short of the Mustang Gang. Dodge trucks, ironically, also don't fall far behind. Although their diesel is more sought after for tuning than the 5.7 was. Honest number of sales shows that blaming quantity of Dodge vs. the other two is just an excuse. However, claims of R&D on something that isn't their proprietary sales is honest and valued more by customers.

All that said, being an avid owner of both GM and Chrysler, I'd say its got nothing to do with the sales of the vehicle, but more so what is available to tune and just who might be the first out of the gate. Diablosport has great hand helds for all, but, they are more versed for Chrysler and by far more successful with them than anyone else. A company like HP is more versed in GM and Ford and more successful with them on the contrary.

For those patiently still waiting on HP, other tuning softwares work with the Diablo hand helds... hence you don't see people trying to snag up proprietary software for Chryslers like you see people doing for GM and Ford.

As for the guy still complaining about issues getting your HEMI tuned, you aren't looking very hard at all... DCX Tuning software is made by at least half a dozen different companies and most can be installed with a Diablo tuner.

As for HP Tuners on the other hand... I wish you would get something squared away with HEMI tuning so that I could single source my tuning into one program.

I think someone offered up some of their HEMI tunes to you. I'd be willing to do the same. I've got a Saab 9-7X with 3.8 bore and 4" stroke. Running the 363 with the OEM tune works, but it is not calibrated well at all. I would like to purchase the HP software and be able to adjust both vehicles.

If this isn't something going to happen in the next year like it hasn't in the past 4, I'll rethink my options... but I would like to be able to tune my Saab with HP as their proven GM track record is just a little more insurance on the 10k I just invested.

Please let us know if you will or will not be truly doing anything here. This thread is some 4 years old, I think its about time for an honest answer as there is obvious interest.

... on that note, good night all!
    All of our answers have been honest and forthright, I will however reiterate what you quoted we didn't and couldn't plan for dodge to take as long as it has but it is what it is. We already have our master def done and have started on the 70 or so operating systems we've had sent in to us over the past couple of years so hopefully not much longer now.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    ^^^ I like the idea of not much longer now.

It is my intent to order something for the Saab 9-7X by end of day. I'll ponder which way I go, Diablo offers both but tuning the GM with theirs is a little less common. I may already have Diablo on the HEMI, but that's easy enough to sell around here. I could walk up and down my street and sell my Diablo tuner to anyone of the other 5 HEMI equipped cars within just a 10 house walk. My neighborhood has only about 30 houses in the sub division in all, but ironically there are only 1 Camaro and 1 Mustang... there are 6 300C's, my Magnum R/T, 4 Challengers, and a Jeep SRT-8 though. And yes, we have or are moding our rides.

Sure, custom tuning my Magnum was cake because HEMI tunes are a dime a dozen out there. I am starting to think though, that I'm probably one of few willing to single source my tuning options. To me its worth it.

Thanks for the response Bill and thanks for the update. Hopefully we can do some business in the future.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah we've already done:
    05030232AE 04896415AK 04896415AE 05030232AF
    56028873AI 05030234AE

which were the most popular ones, now its just a matter of tidying up a few loose ends software wise before we put tuning capabilities into beta. We have no plans to let thousands of man hours go to waste

Almost time to start tuning those srt4's!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    Almost time to start tuning those srt4's!!!
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the SRT4 operating systems had a good amount of differences from the NA applications that we've mapped thus far. We haven't even started on the SRT4 master definition yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the SRT4 operating systems had a good amount of differences from the NA applications that we've mapped thus far. We haven't even started on the SRT4 master definition yet.
    Yes, but once you get the other Dodge stuff done, adding more Dodge stuff should come a lot quicker/easier

...Right?

Why Why lol not to worried at least I see there being progress so thats still a plus side to me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Yes, but once you get the other Dodge stuff done, adding more Dodge stuff should come a lot quicker/easier

...Right?
    Generally speaking yes, we'll see how it goes though. We've got enough NA dodge defs to keep us busy for 6 months as is and we haven't even touched the surface and still have NGC4 & the next gen dodge pcm's to worry about.

i see we can get credits for dodge

do those support 6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by chevy lover View Post
    i see we can get credits for dodge

do those support 6.1?
    I seen the dodge credits released too... Can I start tuning them?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Generally speaking yes, we'll see how it goes though. We've got enough NA dodge defs to keep us busy for 6 months as is and we haven't even touched the surface and still have NGC4 & the next gen dodge pcm's to worry about.
    does that include the JTEC+ stuff? my 2002 Dakota 5.9 R/T has lots of mods done to it and has been tuned with SCT but theres a lot that cant be adjusted and i would definitely buy some Dodge credits to get that stuff done. If theres a way I can send my operating system to you I will. I did notice on latest scanner beta that it does scan the o2 sensor values which helps a little with WOT a/f tuning without wideband.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

I'll even buy the dodge credits now if you want so that it shows my commitment to you guys......
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

Whats the current status on Dodge tuning?
    is anything ready to go?
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

The story hasn't changed, once 2.24 is released Dodge beta will begin soon after. The 2.24 release date belongs to Keith.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    The story hasn't changed, once 2.24 is released Dodge beta will begin soon after. The 2.24 release date belongs to Keith.
    Actually the story was that it will be available WITH 2.24, not shortly after, so it did change a little.
    2015 Ram 1500 Hemi HP Tuned
    2003 Mercedes E55 AMG Hoping to be supported

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    Actually the story was that it will be available WITH 2.24, not shortly after, so it did change a little.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=536

Maybe I accidentally posted it being in 2.24 somewhere? Either way the owners had decided to release AFTER 2.24 a long time ago.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=536

Maybe I accidentally posted it being in 2.24 somewhere? Either way the owners had decided to release AFTER 2.24 a long time ago.
    Yeah, I remember it being because of the major overhaul, they didn't want to inject possible bugs by adding Dodge support. That they would get everything transfered into the new format, release 2.24 and THEN do the Dodge beta for 2.25....

As well I think there was also going to need to be some hardware updates required as well.....?

...Granted, I've only been around for a couple of years, but that's how I remember it.

Potential Tuner
    Just thought I'd post up here. I'm yet another JTEC guy that would be interested in HP Tuners if you had it for my '99 Dakota.

I've got 2 Dodge customer vehicles I am currently ready to tune right now with HP Tuners. Any hope for coverage on a 2001 Durango 4x4 w/ 4.7(N) Magnum V8, Auto, and an early 2004 Ram 5.9(C) HO Cummins, Auto (ECM: SCI/ CM848) ??
    Thanks.