Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    At this time we have no plans to support the cummins pcm's
    No? Why? There is a HUGE deisel tunning market.... I used to sell tons of Edge programmers....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Time, manpower, lack of info, pick your poison. Its not like dodge is handing out information
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Time, manpower, lack of info, pick your poison. Its not like dodge is handing out information

To me, it seems like there are more tuning diesels than gas Dodges is all. Maybe it's my location....

Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    No? Why? There is a HUGE deisel tunning market.... I used to sell tons of Edge programmers....
    With handhelds making the power they do most diesel guys don't want custom tunes. This is why even EFI Live which does have Cummins doesn't sell a ton. Adding to the problem is that HPT is stretched thin enough with trying to keep up on GM's, Ford's, and creating Dodge gas software.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy performance View Post
    With handhelds making the power they do most diesel guys don't want custom tunes. This is why even EFI Live which does have Cummins doesn't sell a ton. Adding to the problem is that HPT is stretched thin enough with trying to keep up on GM's, Ford's, and creating Dodge gas software.
    That makes sense... But I know around here, for me, I get asked all the time to tune their rig so they can either sell off their Edge or instead of buying one. If I had full capability, Dodge/GM, I'd probably do 3-5 a month. Maybe more if the word got out....

Tuner
    We should give thanks to all the HP tuners staff for their ultra hard work and constantly improved super product i have tuned about 80 cars in 2 years and that is thanks to the product supporting multiple cars and thanks to ford and chevy and now dodge support guys we have to apreciate and try to help please improve ford data logging speed

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by witchertorque View Post
    We should give thanks to all the HP tuners staff for their ultra hard work and constantly improved super product i have tuned about 80 cars in 2 years and that is thanks to the product supporting multiple cars and thanks to ford and chevy and now dodge support guys we have to apreciate and try to help please improve ford data logging speed
    X2! Keep up the great work guys!

Hello, not pressing, just curious if we are closer to a release date? I have some tax money burning a hole

Hello?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Going pretty well, our engineers have been trained and started on the 60 or so dodge defs in queue about a week ago, 1 down, 59 to go lol

Lol at least that is a start.

Advanced Tuner
    Going pretty well, our engineers have been trained and started on the 60 or so dodge defs in queue about a week ago, 1 down, 59 to go lol
    So as they are done, can they be used/tuned with the latest beta? Or will the beta only get them as other things are updated/all 60 completed?

Also, any ETA on Cummin's support? A friend just went to the dark side for that reason alone After I had showed him HPTuners at a huge dessert race and made him fall in love with it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    So as they are done, can they be used/tuned with the latest beta? Or will the beta only get them as other things are updated/all 60 completed?

Also, any ETA on Cummin's support? A friend just went to the dark side for that reason alone After I had showed him HPTuners at a huge dessert race and made him fall in love with it.
    I need to confirm with our head engineer but I'll likely send out an email to the customers that sent in each specific os as they are done so they can start tuning.

I don't see us touching Cummin's anytime soon, they use a completely different pcm than the gas motors not to mention we have pretty much 0 info on them.

Can we actually purchase and start using this now in beta? Or is it just the beta testers at this time?
    Thanks

I take the no response means beta testers only

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubord View Post
    I take the no response means beta testers only
    Yeah we'll make an announcement once we release dodge support.

Potential Tuner
    Gotta say this, just finish it and get it to the masses that have been waiting. Just how long has it been since Dodge came out with the Hemi?, 02? Geez, 10 years goes by and still nobody can tune the hemi the way for and gm tuners do, what a let down.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7 hemi View Post
    Gotta say this, just finish it and get it to the masses that have been waiting. Just how long has it been since Dodge came out with the Hemi?, 02? Geez, 10 years goes by and still nobody can tune the hemi the way for and gm tuners do, what a let down.
    HP Tuners wasn't even in business in 02, cut us a little slack

Potential Tuner
    Hey I understand that and I also understand that it does take time to do this kind of thing, but how long has HPTuners been working on this? While I do not know how to program or understand how this kind of stuff works, it seems to me that if it's not gm or ford, why do it? The mopar crowd has been waiting a long time and could really use your product.....hope it's worth the wait.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7 hemi View Post
    Hey I understand that and I also understand that it does take time to do this kind of thing, but how long has HPTuners been working on this? While I do not know how to program or understand how this kind of stuff works, it seems to me that if it's not gm or ford, why do it? The mopar crowd has been waiting a long time and could really use your product.....hope it's worth the wait.
    Off and on since mid 08', unfortunately dodge does alot of things differently than ford or dodge to where we've had to make several large code changes to get things where they are now. Overall I think we've spent about 2000 man hours on it thus far(about a years worth of real work) as we've still needed to keep up with our GM & Ford software by adding new operating system support, new pcm support, etc so we aren't sacrificing those customers.

Not sure what
    "it seems to me that if its not gm or ford, why do it? The mopar crowd has been waiting a long time and could really use your product"
    means. Seems to be contradictory to me