Thread: Dodge Progress

Bill, any idea when 2.24 will be ready :P

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

.........typo
    Last edited by Fox95; 12-06-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by THE REAL HEMITUNER View Post
    Please refrain from using my Name. It is currently trademarked and I would appreciate your understanding in the matter
    Thanks
    A.J. Berge
    Trademarking a internet screen name..

First I heard of that.

Maybe for interstate commerce, with a competing automotive tuning company, but a forum screen name... nope.

BTW glad to see you here, gets you up to speed on a better tuning system.

Advanced Tuner
    hahaha trademarked forum name fucking lol, what will you yanks come up with next.. tradmarking a turd you do in the morning??

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituner View Post
    Trademarking a internet screen name..

First I heard of that.

Maybe for interstate commerce, with a competing automotive tuning company, but a forum screen name... nope.

BTW glad to see you here, gets you up to speed on a better tuning system.
    No Problem Jeff Ill my attorney explain it to you.
    Thanks
    A.J.

Thanks
    A.J.
    First off, I should point out that you are hi-jacking this thread.

Second, you should ask your attorney why he's misleading you on such a tail chasing adventure, such as this.
    Never mind... he'd probably rather just leave you in the dark and send you bills.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    First off, I should point out that you are hi-jacking this thread.
    Yes, back to topic!
    When will the automated firmware update be released (at least beta)?
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Thanks
    A.J.

Mr. Real hemituner, I applaud your enthusiasm and appreciate your concern for misconception on a forum, but, Your approach is lacking.

A PM to the guy with a polite note saying: "hey, partner, maybe we can switch forum names and i'll slide you a decent discount on parts i sell, or maybe $50 cash.?" and maybe he'd understand that your business is built around tuning hemi's, you never know. Coming in and throwing down threats doesn't make you look like a professional. and quite honestly i think you've blown it for a first impression to potential customers on here....

Wait a minute....this is a troll....we're being duped! have to be, no one can be serious with a threat to sue someone over a forum handle?

yeah back on topic.... what are we up to page 156 on "when the dodge beta will be ready?" ok....go...
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner
    Thanks
    A.J.
    Yeah, good luck with that..

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    hahaha trademarked forum name fucking lol, what will you yanks come up with next.. tradmarking a turd you do in the morning??

A quote that is sig worthy.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

Potential Tuner
    Mind if I join in? My Attorney says I have dibs on all variations of Hemituner, since I first started using it in the 1960's.

I'm with omega_5 and BlackZJ. Back on topic...

Will we have black box datalogging with the Dodge stuff?
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Sure, most late model engines will run at closed loop under high load conditions for a while, but there is logic in the controller that will at some point richen the mixture based on temperature limits of the exhaust, catalyst, and other components. Manufactures carefully test engine packages to know what these limits are, and run at these limits to reduce emissions and maximize fuel economy.Certain VW/Audi cars I've worked on use physical egts to measure and adjust fueling rather than calculating the temps . When you install a turbo or supercharger on a car that was never calibrated for forced induction in the first place, the temperature models that were set up by the manufacture are no longer accurate, and likely will not take into account the additional heat load. If there was an effective way to calibrate the exhaust/catalyst enrichment tables for us in the aftermarket, then I suppose that could be a reasonable solution to get power enrichment without going to wot. I don't except the idea that just because we see factory cars running closed loop under certain high load situations, for limited amounts of time, that it's ok for us to run closed loop boost.

- Chris
    Part throttle boost tuning is a non issue on Hemis if you know how to tune for it. No POS piggy backs required. You can set the PE switch point where ever you'd like it to be

The same NGC used on the HEMI was used on every SRT-4(stock 225kPa MAP and 3bar VE table). Once recalibrated for boost, any NGC can work just fine. The NGC are quite universal by design. I've recalibrated Hemi NGC for turbo and SC and conversely I've recalibrated stock SRT-4 NGC for NA operation. Get the tune properly reconfigured for the max Pressure Ratio and it works great.
    Last edited by duster360; 12-13-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    Part throttle boost tuning is a non issue on Hemis if you know how to tune for it. No POS piggy backs required. You can set the PE switch point where ever you'd like it to be

The same NGC used on the HEMI was used on every SRT-4(stock 225kPa MAP and 3bar VE table). Once recalibrated for boost, any NGC can work just fine. The NGC are quite universal by design. I've recalibrated Hemi NGC for turbo and SC and conversely I've recalibrated stock SRT-4 NGC for NA operation. Get the tune properly reconfigured for the max Pressure Ratio and it works great.
    Duster360, considering that the wot threshold on a DBW Hemi makes the car do what the name implies, namely go to wot, I consider it a big issue. I've tuned, and re-tuned a number of forced induction Hemis, turbo, centrifugal, and positive displacement, and this sudden wot situation has been noticeable to varying degrees on every to date. I would go as far to say, that I have not seen a blower or turbo kit, that did not have this go to wot condition. To be honest, I've previously been a bit hesitant posting about this problem. In talking with many "Hemi Tuners" it seems that there is a bit of denial about this as many of the tuners I've talked to, such as yourself, have insisted that they have no problem with or have experienced the throttle going to wot through adjusting this wot power enrichment threshold. I came to the conclusion after dealing with enough forced induction Hemi's, including ones tuned by some of the same people that insisted that there is no problem, that yes, this is definitely a problem. Seeing that HPT is knee deep into disassembling the code for these ecu's, I felt that this was very valid issue to bring up. It's my guess that if the exhaust/cat temp based part throttle enrichment routines can be stepped though and understood, and there is a practical way to tune them, then that might be the solution to get predictable power enrichment without using the wot threshold.
    - Chris
    Last edited by hexdummy; 12-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.

You're mixing issues.
    ETC and PE application are two separate tuning parameters. I've had success tuning each.

I too have 'fixed' many unruley FI Hemis tuned by so called 'experts'. Too many, in fact. (There's a lot of junk tunes getting sold.)

PE and part throttle boost A/F isn't, imo, much of an issue.

I do aggree that ETC can be a pain at times especially with a screw/roots SC. Although I've never got one to act as smoothly as stock, it can be toned down significantly.
    If HP can offer more tuning parameters that's great but I seriously doubt there's anything more they can add. ETC is what it is.
    If there was any way to make ETC tuning a little easier that would be nice
    Last edited by duster360; 12-15-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hmmm last I was told part throttle boost cannot be tuned and I would need to " drive it carefully" to stay out of part throttle boost, I have been fed so much crap over the Dodge tuning I almost gave up. Im trying to be patient.

Tuner
    Duster , I'm not sure what you mean by
    Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    You're mixing issues.
    ETC and PE application are two separate tuning parameters. I've had success tuning each.
    On some NGC controllers there are two scalars "Min throttle for WOT mode 1 (or 2)" in addition the the scalar for "Delta throttle for WOT mode PE." I've found by moving only the "Delta throttle for WOT mode PE" scalar , you get PE AND the throttle opens to WOT. Does this make sense ? Every DBW NGC car I've dealt with, WOT and PE go hand in hand . Sure , requested torque table, TB volts to air flow functions, and various other calibration constants influence and or have a direct effect on how the throttle behaves, but "WOT mode PE" overrides them all. Here is a simple experiment you might want to try if you have not done so already. Zero out the pedal requested power table and program the controller. Start the car and give it some throttle, you will notice the car will, for the most part not respond to the pedal position until you exceed the wot mode pe threshold. Lower the threshold, and wot-pe will follow. If you have a technique to get PE without lowering the wot mode pe scalar please share .

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Duster , I'm not sure what you mean by

On some NGC controllers there are two scalars "Min throttle for WOT mode 1 (or 2)" in addition the the scalar for "Delta throttle for WOT mode PE." I've found by moving only the "Delta throttle for WOT mode PE" scalar , you get PE AND the throttle opens to WOT. Does this make sense ? Every DBW NGC car I've dealt with, WOT and PE go hand in hand . Sure , requested torque table, TB volts to air flow functions, and various other calibration constants influence and or have a direct effect on how the throttle behaves, but "WOT mode PE" overrides them all. Here is a simple experiment you might want to try if you have not done so already. Zero out the pedal requested power table and program the controller. Start the car and give it some throttle, you will notice the car will, for the most part not respond to the pedal position until you exceed the wot mode pe threshold. Lower the threshold, and wot-pe will follow. If you have a technique to get PE without lowering the wot mode pe scalar please share .

- Chris

Here's a good example from an 2009 6.1 w/ an SMS supercharger.

Notice how the Open Loop FA drops even before the Pedal is at WOT. The Throttle blade is delayed even more. The throttle blade goes WOT 1 second after PE has been triggered.

fwiw PR=.76 when PE is triggered on Openloop FA drops to 11.4:1
    Last edited by duster360; 12-17-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Here's another example from a 06 5.7l w/ a pos rear mounted turbo
    NOTE: Open-loop FA dropping to PE well in advance of WOT(PR = .96!). Again Pedal is WOT slightly before the Throttle blade.

These two examples prove there's no real issue with "part throttle boost", PE or voodoo ETC.
    I had and continue to have success. I really don't why other guys have issues.
    Last edited by duster360; 12-17-2010 at 01:19 PM.