Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZJ View Post
    except it uses the ISO-Protocol...
    Correct, ISO & the older ford protocol(I can't recall the name off the top of my head) require the new firmware. I've been able to scan an ngc4 charger and I know it works on ngc3 hemi's, not sure what dodges use the ISO protocol off the top of my head but I have a list around here somewhere.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ok the list I have only shows up to 98 on chrysler's and shows iso up till then.

If anyone has any info after 98 though let me know and I'll add it to my spreadsheet.

Tuner
    From my earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    The later JTEC+ ecus switched from ISO 9141 (sharing pin 7 with SCI in the OBD2 connector) to PCI or better known as J1850 VPW (running and terminating into a previously unused pin 2 in the OBD2 connector.) It varies depending on model, but if pin two is populated, I imagine it should work. I have only used it on GEN3 Vipers, but going through the different year/model OBD2 pinouts, they started wiring to pin 2 in 2001 .

- Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Ok the list I have only shows up to 98 on chrysler's and shows iso up till then.

If anyone has any info after 98 though let me know and I'll add it to my spreadsheet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    J1850 is the same as the earlier fords so yeah that one we don't support yet either at this current time.

J1850 for Dodge is actually VPW same as GM. The EEC based Fords use PWM.

In any case if your Dodge PCM uses VPW (some JTECs) or CAN (many NGC3) you should be able to scan it with existing firmware, for SCI & ISO you will need the new firmware.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    In any case if your Dodge PCM uses VPW (some JTECs) or CAN (many NGC3) you should be able to scan it with existing firmware.
    Working fine on the NGC4's, as well. Just wish we had the enhanced PID's loaded for those. You've got me spoiled on the enhanced PIDs for the NGC3 already.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    J1850 for Dodge is actually VPW same as GM. The EEC based Fords use PWM.

In any case if your Dodge PCM uses VPW (some JTECs) or CAN (many NGC3) you should be able to scan it with existing firmware, for SCI & ISO you will need the new firmware.
    New firmware? For the interface, right? Does this new firmware just give a broader range of vehicles that it can see? Or will it limit use on a certain model/age?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    New firmware? For the interface, right? Does this new firmware just give a broader range of vehicles that it can see? Or will it limit use on a certain model/age?
    Should allow scanning SAE required PID's on most OBD II compliant autos using the SCI or ISO communication protocol. Plus allow for the reading/writing of future supported platforms.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Should allow scanning SAE required PID's on most OBD II compliant autos using the SCI or ISO communication protocol. Plus allow for the reading/writing of future supported platforms.
    Ok, got that part. But 1- how do you know if you need it (what version you have) and 2- how do you update it? Where is the updater/file?

When I did a search, it almost sounds like it is automatic when you connect to your device through the scanning software?

Senior Tuner
    The firmware update isn't released yet. When it is, it will be bundled with the software update and should start automatically once you plug you interface into the computer.

That's how the last one worked.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Can't wait to edit my tranmission software!!!

Tuner in Training
    So how can a Beta version of this software for NGC3??

Hey Chris or Bill

We need you guys to find the trans temp PID and allow it to be added to the scanner software. It is a necessity when doing a converter swap/trans swap, or even checking fluid levels because you check it at operating temps with a metered dipstick by temperature.

The only thing I have found so far that reads that PID is a starscan, they are nice to have but uber expensive.

If you could map that PID and add it I would be grateful. PS, I tried to add it on the latest beta yesterday and no dice.

Tuner in Training
    Well its been a long long time since posting on HPT. So glad to see this business is still top notch.

Now onto my question: Where do we stand on getting the VCM Suite for LX platform 05'+ Magnum, Charger and 300s in the V-6 or Hemi models? I emailed in August and got a speedy response that it was being worked, but thought I'd pop in here and ask for update. Thanks.

Charlie
    00 NBM Z28 Rossler A3 ATI 4k TC, 347 w/ ETP 225's, EDC 231/242 .637/.622 @ 114*, LS6 Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Wolfe 6pt, BADZ LCA, Spohn SFC & TA, Custom 2 Stage N2O. Next up, 90/90, 9" and Bogarts.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    pretty good, we have a couple of customers that have been able to successfully read these pcm's using the current public beta + beta firmware and the scanner is essentially done for them. Not too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    pretty good, we have a couple of customers that have been able to successfully read these pcm's using the current public beta + beta firmware and the scanner is essentially done for them. Not too much longer.
    Sounds optimistic

Any idea on a licensing structure yet?
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

How can I update the Firmware? Or if it's an automatic process, how do I know that my Interface has been updated?
    Is the beta firmware also a public beta?

- Mat
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZJ View Post
    How can I update the Firmware? Or if it's an automatic process, how do I know that my Interface has been updated?
    Is the beta firmware also a public beta?

- Mat
    Its being done manually right now on a VERY limited case by case basis(ie don't email us) Its not in public beta.

I'm having a heck of a time nailing down this really rowdy cam in an 09 srt8. Is the histogram function working in the beta scanner so I can make an afr error histo and try to pin this thing down??

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTBSS View Post
    I'm having a heck of a time nailing down this really rowdy cam in an 09 srt8. Is the histogram function working in the beta scanner so I can make an afr error histo and try to pin this thing down??
    The histograms work for any vehicle that can be scanned (always has). You just have to construct them yourself. For the 09 you will also need to create a User Defined PID for Pressure Ratio as the SAE PID's don't include it.
    Jaime