Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    That kind of attitude is very frustrating for the guys working on this. It's not a simple job, and being patient is the best way to go about this.

Then again... maybe the complainers would rather HPT didn't take on this project at all...
    Patient.... this thread is damn near 10 years old.
    not biggie to me... i dropped $3000 on Big stuff 3 for my Camaro and love it. Going to do the same for my SRT8 Jeep.
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cjg454ss View Post
    Patient.... this thread is damn near 10 years old.
    not biggie to me... i dropped $3000 on Big stuff 3 for my Camaro and love it. Going to do the same for my SRT8 Jeep.
    This thread is only a little over 15 months old if my math is correct. The forum may be around 10 years old, but the thread itself is only a little over 15 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by LWillmann View Post
    This thread is only a little over 15 months old if my math is correct. The forum may be around 10 years old, but the thread itself is only a little over 15 months old.
    this discussion is well over 15 months old, your coming in on the tailend newbie
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCobaltSS View Post
    so, there wont be any support for 99 rams?
    If you check many of the earlier posts, you will see that they are going to be releasing support for NGC3 controllers first, then hopefully NGC4. After NGC support is done, they want to look at supporting JTEC, which you should know is the type of controller used on your vehicle.

- Chris

Advanced Tuner
    so some of these dodge tuner people out there seem to be crap!! truck warms up then shuts off. i logged with hptuners and you can watch the throttle percent set steady then at 196* starts to decrease then wham truck shuts off. i had the guy ask them to increase idle airflow and they played stupid and said they couldn't do it with diablo. call diablo and they say that you can. then the same tuners people tune blind with SCT wtf is that.

oh how i can't wait for hpt to release. i feel bad for dodge guys.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 4.8t View Post
    so some of these dodge tuner people out there seem to be crap!! truck warms up then shuts off. i logged with hptuners and you can watch the throttle percent set steady then at 196* starts to decrease then wham truck shuts off. i had the guy ask them to increase idle airflow and they played stupid and said they couldn't do it with diablo. call diablo and they say that you can. then the same tuners people tune blind with SCT wtf is that.

oh how i can't wait for hpt to release. i feel bad for dodge guys.
    You can adjust idle airflow with DS. It's a full tuning suite, just like HPT. It's just a crappy layout, with no table definitions or explanations, and some of the stuff is just whacky.

HPTs stuff looked much much nicer. If only they could move it along more quickly.

Advanced Tuner
    i think its just the tuner himself trying to play some (buy more crap from me) game. sends a tune that is wack and then says well buy SCT from me and i bet i can fix it. the owner of the dodge went home today and loaded a stock 93 octane performance tune with a raised idle and it ran just fine no issues.

i think he wrote hpt a note begging for them to release. LMAO.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.8t View Post
    i think its just the tuner himself trying to play some (buy more crap from me) game. sends a tune that is wack and then says well buy SCT from me and i bet i can fix it. the owner of the dodge went home today and loaded a stock 93 octane performance tune with a raised idle and it ran just fine no issues.

i think he wrote hpt a note begging for them to release. LMAO.
    Yeah I got the email, believe me when I tell you we ALL want it released YESTERDAY but we also realize adding the dodge stuff into beta now would just delay the public version further out which would make people sad lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hi

Will JTEC support also be added to version 2.25 (after NGC3 is OK). Or do we have to wait for maybe 2.27?

Thanks,
    Mat
    Last edited by BlackZJ; 12-17-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZJ View Post
    Hi

Will JTEC support also be added to version 2.25 (after NGC3 is OK). Or do we have to wait for maybe 2.27?

Thanks,
    Mat
    Way too early to tell.

FYI:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Correct, we will likely be compiling a new beta this week and then a couple of weeks of testing but at this point it looks like 2.24 is still at least a month out realistically.
    it seems the dodge guys have to wait longer than expected.

we decided to hire another software developer over the last 2 months, this has reduced development resources temporarily for interviews, resume reading etc.

Also, last couple of months have been swamped a bit with SEMA and PRI shows.

Introducing Dodge has already seen improvements in the base code, the Dodge controllers have a number of different comms protocols that can be active in various ways at various times. Arguably the NGC3 is the worst of the bunch so we kinda underestimated some of the issues.

As an example, NGC3 controllers can be scanned using CAN, SCI, ISO and sometimes even VPW. Depending on the vehicle some in the list may or may not be active or give weird results. Additionally, the reflashing must occur on SCI. So you can get into a situation where you might detect multiple comms busses and need to choose approporiately depening on if you are scanning or flashing. Finally, the EGS52/53 TCM scans and flashes on CAN another wrench in the decision tree!!

During this process of discovery we have implemented a number of things such as generic OBD2 scanning capability and most of the advanced hi speed Dodge scanning methods.

Combining all this with a major rewrite of our comms code to work more efficiently with Microsoft .NET and multi-threading, to prevent the random scanner crashes some are experiencing with 2.22. This problem alone has taken a long time to identify and address and it's flow thru effects on other code areas has been larger than expected.

For now its a waiting game while the Dodge code changes are integrated into the new code base and after some re-verification testing happens we will move forward rather quickly. Combined with a new s/w dev resource things should pick up again early in the new year.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    do yall think you will support the 97-01ish rams? PLEASE SAY YES... i dont wanna have to buy another software...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its gonna be a while

Tuner
    Chris, does this mean that with the Dodge release, the earlier SCI logging will be included for pre-NGC controllers, or only the J2190 NGC type SCI ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we decided to hire another software developer over the last 2 months, this has reduced development resources temporarily for interviews, resume reading etc.

Also, last couple of months have been swamped a bit with SEMA and PRI shows.

Introducing Dodge has already seen improvements in the base code, the Dodge controllers have a number of different comms protocols that can be active in various ways at various times. Arguably the NGC3 is the worst of the bunch so we kinda underestimated some of the issues.

As an example, NGC3 controllers can be scanned using CAN, SCI, ISO and sometimes even VPW. Depending on the vehicle some in the list may or may not be active or give weird results. Additionally, the reflashing must occur on SCI. So you can get into a situation where you might detect multiple comms busses and need to choose approporiately depening on if you are scanning or flashing. Finally, the EGS52/53 TCM scans and flashes on CAN another wrench in the decision tree!!

During this process of discovery we have implemented a number of things such as generic OBD2 scanning capability and most of the advanced hi speed Dodge scanning methods.

Combining all this with a major rewrite of our comms code to work more efficiently with Microsoft .NET and multi-threading, to prevent the random scanner crashes some are experiencing with 2.22. This problem alone has taken a long time to identify and address and it's flow thru effects on other code areas has been larger than expected.

For now its a waiting game while the Dodge code changes are integrated into the new code base and after some re-verification testing happens we will move forward rather quickly. Combined with a new s/w dev resource things should pick up again early in the new year.

Chris...

Tuner
    Still patiently waiting, should be worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by VORTECMAX View Post
    Still patiently waiting, should be worth the wait...
    Hope you don't plan on holding your breath... I have been through 3 Dodge Hemi vehicles since first starting to "wait" for this to come out lol. I understand it is a lot of work, but damn...

I just pop in every few month to check this threads progress, and I have to say- it hasn't let me down once! It is always the exact response I expected to see .

Quote Originally Posted by kwiktsi View Post
    I just pop in every few month to check this threads progress, and I have to say- it hasn't let me down once! It is always the exact response I expected to see .
    That's why I bought the SCT stuff. Well, it's not a real replacement for HPT but better then nothing.

I cant wait till this comes out. i have one great tuner im using with SCT but its also a email tune. Im really wanting HP to comeout so i can give it a try i really thing it willbe better than sct. There are many cammed hemi trucks waiting for HP. Im running 12 n/a with my truck but i really feel HP can get me to the low 12's n/a

Quote Originally Posted by DAYTONA81 View Post
    I cant wait till this comes out. i have one great tuner im using with SCT but its also a email tune. Im really wanting HP to comeout so i can give it a try i really thing it willbe better than sct. There are many cammed hemi trucks waiting for HP. Im running 12 n/a with my truck but i really feel HP can get me to the low 12's n/a
    their are alot of cam/heads truck in the dodge world...just imagine the type of cams we could run on this hp tuning....

but i also had another question. will you guys support the transmissions for us dodge guys