Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Advanced Tuner
    so are you guys making a 2bar OS for this?
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.8t View Post
    so are you guys making a 2bar OS for this?
    And so it begins...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    And so it begins...
    Yes, and so it does

Potential Tuner
    Awessome!!! Just suscribed... Thanks....

Tuner in Training
    was that an 5.7 R/T or the 6 banger?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    5.7 I believe, definitely not a v6.

sweet, plz keep me on the email for beta trials!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    And so it begins...
    what?? did i miss something? sorry if i did, my buddy wants to go sts with a gt76 and forged internals. he is tire of being slower than my tahoe.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what?? did i miss something? sorry if i did, my buddy wants to go sts with a gt76 and forged internals. he is tire of being slower than my tahoe.
    Point being we haven't even released basic operation to the public and already asking about custom operating systems...sorry to be the bearer of bad news(if you want to consider it that) but custom operating systems will likely not happen and at this point we haven't even looked into the possibility or necessity for them to be honest. Seeing it took us 2 or so years from initial release until we released custom operating systems for LS1 applications I would look at that timeline for a basic guideline for dodge & any other make/model for that matter and thats if its even possible.

So to answer your question no we have no short term plans for any custom operating systems and will play it by ear if they become necessity for some weird reason.

Potential Tuner
    Sad that at the sounds of things that us JTEC people will probably be a year + down the road for a software release.

I have had my 392 SC small block ready to assemble for over a year waiting for your software. I am at a point that I must roll forward and finish my project using a FAST system as I have no interest in the other two software companies that is out there.

I do understand the time it takes to develop and test. I was there way back when we were trying to hack the GM code in the early EPROMs. I know its no comparison to todays PCMs but then it seemed like it.

Keep up the great work you are doing there are a lot of people counting on you.

Keith has an 06 Viper that runs the JTEC PCM, he is putting the pressure on me everyday
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Point being we haven't even released basic operation to the public and already asking about custom operating systems...sorry to be the bearer of bad news(if you want to consider it that) but custom operating systems will likely not happen and at this point we haven't even looked into the possibility or necessity for them to be honest. Seeing it took us 2 or so years from initial release until we released custom operating systems for LS1 applications I would look at that timeline for a basic guideline for dodge & any other make/model for that matter and thats if its even possible.

So to answer your question no we have no short term plans for any custom operating systems and will play it by ear if they become necessity for some weird reason.
    oh ok then, sorry about that i didn't realize it would be a sore subject. is the stock map for dodge 1bar?
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    is the stock map for dodge 1bar?
    I assume most would be unless in stock form it was boosted, then maybe they used a 2 or 3 bar sensor, you'd probably be best to ask around on the dodge forums regarding map sensors & such although we do have some Dodge guys here that MIGHT be able to answer that question, I'm just not one of them.

Tuner
    oh ok then, sorry about that i didn't realize it would be a sore subject. is the stock map for dodge 1bar?
    There are some people, and several supercharger companies who are tuning the NGC3/4 ecu's for turbo's and superchargers. It is a bit of a hack, because you have to disable the ecu's barometric compensation. That being said, it works well enough that, for the most part, most people would be hard pressed to notice driveability issues . So I believe, if you took the time to learn and understand how to properly calibrate these ecu's, you could tune a turbo setup to run ok with a unmodified operating system.

we'll see how things turn out, once we have the base product offerring in the market.
    I count sheep in hex...

Can't wait for dodge support. Wouldnt beleive how many ppl ive had ask me about it in the past three days since i orderd HPT. i dont even have the software yet at all and already have four hemi trucks and a chrager R/T here local that want a basic tune. Never saw it coming. I'll be paying attention to this thread.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we'll see how things turn out, once we have the base product offerring in the market.

come on. and when is that
    we are waiting for it

Will any of this include the dodge half ton hemi trucks?????

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Keith has an 06 Viper that runs the JTEC PCM, he is putting the pressure on me everyday
    It seems that we JTEC guys have to cheer Keith on.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Potential Tuner
    I must admit...I'm a little bummed. It's mostly due to ignorance on my own behalf.

You see, I was not aware that custom OS's were required for changing from 1 bar to 2 bar, 3 bar, or even 3.5/5 bar for that matter. I guess I just assumed that rescaling a PCM with HPTuners was as simple as changing the voltage vs psi scaling, and that it could be done within the software.

Then again, I have never used HPTuners before, although, I had VERY high hopes to be using this system in my SRT-4. Not trying to bash or make unfair/unreasonable comparisons, but DSP CMR software has the capability to re-scale for any MAP sensor or any size of injectors. So, I guess I was expecting that HPTuners would have this capability, as well.

What about the option to use a "Staged" PCM? Such as the Mopar S2/S3 PCM that is already calibrated for a 3 bar map sensor? Will these possibly be supported by HPTuners? Or is this something that has not yet been explored?

Any info is appreciated. And thanks for working on making this happen for us Chrysler guys.

- Chuck
    '04 Dodge NSRT-4 - AEM EMS - AMS37R Turbo Kit
    628 WHP 557 WTQ Uncorrected @ 4200 FT.
    Stock Bottom End...