Thread: LM-2 HPtuners Interface

LM-2 HPtuners Interface

Hello im new to the wideband. i just received my lm2 how can i connect the lm-2 to the hptuners interface. ive seen the lm-1 and the lc-1 but both of them dont mach my lm-2 coloured wires.
    thank you
    Chevrolet LS1 Camaro 1999 M6

My FQuick

Read the instructions, that should tell you

I have no idea what the LM2 looks like and many on here may not either.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine_HP
    Hello im new to the wideband. i just received my lm2 how can i connect the lm-2 to the hptuners interface. ive seen the lm-1 and the lc-1 but both of them dont mach my lm-2 coloured wires.
    thank you

Please post your findings here. I'm needing to buy a Wideband system ASAP, and would appreciate feedback from others to help me in purchasing one.

Thanks.

whats the differance betweem the LM1 and LM2
    and it the LM2 worth a crap ?

Id like to buy a WB but I hear about all the inacuracies, or they dont interface with HPT

Tuner
    HPT can we get a preset PID in the next version with support for the LM2?

Or is it going to be the same for the LM1? Sitting here trying to get my LM2 connected to HPT scanner but its off a bit. Trying to scale it, but no info in the help file on how to scale it..

Quote Originally Posted by boostls2 View Post
    HPT can we get a preset PID in the next version with support for the LM2?

Or is it going to be the same for the LM1? Sitting here trying to get my LM2 connected to HPT scanner but its off a bit. Trying to scale it, but no info in the help file on how to scale it..

Ditto, I set a custom PID up for it but I'd like the option for a preset, pretty please!!!!!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris_LS1 View Post
    Ditto, I set a custom PID up for it but I'd like the option for a preset, pretty please!!!!!!!
    yeah I also ended up setting it up custom. What is your formula? I got it close to the readout on the screen, but it still fluctuates a bit and not sure if it is completely linear, although it is close. I would post mine, but i dont have it in front of me atm...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the LM1 & LM2 don't have the same scaling?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Presets are worthless. I would say 9 times out of 10 the grounding offsets are enough that the presets are very inaccurate. Just set it up yourself, it is VERY easy to do. I have not had one WB that I have not had to adjust from the WBs specified curve.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

On the Single LM-2 the pinouts are:
    Lime Green on LM-2 to Input Pin 1 on HP Tuners MVPI.
    Yellow on LM-2 to Pin 5 Ground on HP Tuners MVPI.

The scaling appears to be the same as the LM1 but its hard to say long term - my LM2 sucks - it keeps getting E2 (Heater Open Circuit) errors.

Really disappointed overall with the LM2 - it should be better than the LM1, not worse. Very unreliable even with the latest firmware (1.10). At least the LM1s we have actually work all the time.
    Last edited by EnglandGreen; 10-25-2008 at 05:47 PM.
    EG