Thread: New to tuning and need lots of help.

Potential Tuner

New to tuning and need lots of help.

Hi I had a STS Squire Rear mount turbo put into my 2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 with the 5.3 V8.
    Unfortunatly the place that installed it did a half A$$ job and then went out of buiseness. With the Help od STS turbo I have myself reworked the install and have the turbo spooling up where it should and now I need to tune it. I purchased the HP Tuners 2.2 Suite and installed it on my laptop and then hooked it up to my Avalanche. HOLY COW!! What does all this stuff mean?

Is ther a book or some kind of class I can read or take to get farmilar with all the things I need to know so I can tune my Avalanche correctly and take advantage of my turbo with out burning up my engine? Any help would be apreceated Thanks

Potential Tuner
    For more Avalanche specific questions, you can look here
    http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php
    check the performance area

Go to the beginning of this forum, read getting started. Look up "cpig"'s article on how to tune. READ, READ, READ! I am a convert from other software and have spent over 6 months to feel slightly confident in what I can do now with HPT.

Otherwise, contact STS, tell them you want to get the starting tune from them, yes it will cost $, but it will save you an engine.

Your not really going to find that magic button to push and be up and running.

I say all of this in a humble spirit to help you.

tt