Thread: more 4L80E tcc questions

Question more 4L80E tcc questions

I have some questions about my tcc locking and unlocking and the modes of its' operation.

Ive noticed that when the scanner says 'apply en' as the tcc mode, it feels like im accelerating with the brakes on. If I physically turn the tcc off (tcc solenoid and all that) in the scanner, it will haul ass. I believe thats apply enabled, and it must be like a half-assed lockup or something, i dont know. I need someone to explain that to me a bit.

Also, on a related note, it shouldnt be applying in 2nd gear anyways. I have the whole 2nd gear lockup row 256'd out. Yet under acceleration it says 'apply en', instead of 'off'. Ive tried a few slight modifications to my file to rule this out but nothing has really made any changes. I dont have a log of it doing it at the moment that is short enough to weed through (the one I have is approx 35 min long lol)

Thanks guys
    Tune file is attached

Tuner in Training
    i live in ny, but i'm in memphis right now

more info

At what speeds are you seeing this, and what rpm/gear. is it all the time or just normal driving? what happens if you use your tow haul mode switch?

I see it in any upshift (2 thru 4) and in either mode (normal or perf) when the vcm is gettin ready or expecting to lockup. like for example...gear doesnt matter here, but say im unlocked at 30 mph and speeding up and the lockup for the cell says to lockup @ 40. well from that 30 to 40 it will say 'Apply En' and when i see that there is a noticeable acceleration loss, compared to when i "256" out the cells and disable the lockup. This happens all the time, in normal driving too but is really noticeable when you light the candles. I hate the way my VCM controls my transmission. I swear there has got to be something wrong with our OS. We need complete control over everything lol

Tuner in Training
    i live in ny, but i'm in memphis right now
    Well 1st off, i would disable it indefently for any 2nd gear shifting, and possably in 3rd for perf. mode, but i like the way my truck pulls in 3rd w/ the t.c. locked up, a 1-1 ratio through the tranny. Have you tried using the compare function of the editor,and downloading someone elses stock tune from a newer year, or modified tune, to see how they have adjusted? i like being able to look at others tunes and see what they do diferently.

Yeah, I dont lock in 2nd at all. first row is always 256.

Ive looked at so many tunes, but everyone I talk to with the same os version # i have, has my problems which proves me theory. I just want to know WHY it behaves like it does or if its a bug.