Thread: Need suggestions on my tune

Tuner in Training

Need suggestions on my tune

Hello, can someone take a look at my tune and give me some suggestions on improving it? I have a 1999 corvette with A Vortex rammer CAI. a VRX3 cam, Ported throttle body, LT headers, x-pipe with no cats. Borla stinger cat back.
    The tune was originaly a Diable Predator tune that I modified a bit (idle for cam) Should I start with a stock tune and go from there or will the tune I have be alright to keep modifying.

thanks for the help.
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    SS LT'S. X-pipe. Borla Stinger
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

Ttt

I should work as a base but you need to start tuning from scratch. Get it into speed density and go from there. You have a lot of knock and the O2 sensors look like they are switching pretty slow to me. Why are the short terms, STFT, turned off but LTFT on in the tune file?

Tuner in Training
    Hello, when I look at my scanner log I see that the KR* stays at 0 doesnt that mean that I am not getting any knock? Can you tell me where in the tune file the STFT parameter is that I can turn on. When I play the log I see the STFT's are moving, arent they active?
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, found the STFT switch. I didnt turn it off, It must have been the handheld tune that was in it. Why would it be turned off? Should I turn it on?
    I can see why you guys say to start from scratch. Need it to run half decent with this tune to take to Carlisle, then I can play more with it when I get back.
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

Look at frame 2440 and up, don't just look at the histogram, that is an average, look at the actual numbers in the table too. I see as much as 4* at one point and you have a steady stream of know after that. In the histogram you have knock from 4000 rpms up.

Tuner in Training
    wow, I see it now. thanks. Now how do I fix it
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

Alright fellow Vette owner, Go to the beginning of this forum, read getting started. Look up "cpig"'s article on how to tune. READ, READ, READ! Know the limits of your car, what it can and can't do. Grab Greg Banish's book, How to TUne the Right Way, I believe is the name, good investment. Then they will teach you "grasshopper". You can't, or shouldn't go changing stuff and throwing in numbers until you understand what's going on. DO NOT run your car WOT with that much KR, if one of your sensors fail, you gonna need some $$$ work. One last piece of advice, learn the scanner, eat sleep breathe the scanner, the scanner is your friend. Learn all the paramaters. Then you will find the editor makes much sense. You can read most all of this stuff in an evening.

I hope this helps,
    tt

"A good Engineer knows what he don't know"

Tuner in Training
    thanks, I am reading and reading. Lots of info. Whats weird is that tune is actually the Diablo predator tune with idle adjustments perfomed by me using the info from this site. I am not making any major adjustments anywhere right now. Sould I go back to a stock tune and adjust for cam before I take it down to Carlisle? (8 hour drive)
    or will it be Ok with the way it is now (just no WOT) Thanks for the help
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.