Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Public version with 09 LS3/LS7 tuning available!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Exclamation New Public version with 09 LS3/LS7 tuning available!

We are proud to announce the release of our 09' LS3/LS7 tuning software, with completely new operating systems for 09' it was a bit of a task but as usual we were up to it.

The LS7 powered vettes appear to use a similar strategy to 08' LS7 powered vettes, the LS3 powered vettes appear to use the same as 08' LS3 powered vettes.

We've also recently received our first ZR1 file and should have that added to our database in less than a week so they aren't far away either!

As always have fun & stay tuned!

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Bill,

I have a request that I’m sure a lot of people including myself would greatly appreciate.

On the home page where you show the version number and release date of the program, is there any way that you could refresh that date whenever a new version is released as well as posting the complete version number instead of the 2.22 that's currently posted?

There have been 3 or 4 new releases made available since April 30th yet neither the date nor the version number have changed on the website. Unless I’m missing something, because of that there is no way of knowing whether you’re running the absolute latest version until after you download and install it.

Just a thought to make things a little easier.

Thanks,
    Christopher

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There have been ~30 new releases in that time actually, for relatively small changes & additions like definition files that shouldn't affect functionality they just get compiled right into the existing version ie 2.22 and given a new extension ie 2.22.23554 so you can see a version difference.

Changing our front page every other day would just take time away from developement & support ultimately hindering us.

Senior Tuner
    Bill, ummm, what is up with the Injector Flow Rate table? Did GM go with smaller injectors on the '09 LS3?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Bill, ummm, what is up with the Injector Flow Rate table? Did GM go with smaller injectors on the '09 LS3?
    I think it may be related to some of the fuel system changes, the LS3 flow rate table looks near identical to the ZR1 file I received.

Potential Tuner

09 Corvette Stock Calibration Files

Hello Bill,

I can share these files with the group.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool thanks for that.

Bill, has anything been done to get the fan to come on before 192 degrees in the Z06 LS 7 tune yet? Thanx

Tuner in Training
    No chance to try a write yet today (and I may wait to do that until needed anyways, due to warranty concerns), but the editor reads my '09 Z file just fine, which it would not do before. Thanks for your efforts!

Looking forward to the E38 custom OS release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@Callaway
    Hello Bill,

Scott, what are the specifics to these files?

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They are stock 09 LS3 Corvette files, one is a manual, the other is an automatic file.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I think it may be related to some of the fuel system changes, the LS3 flow rate table looks near identical to the ZR1 file I received.
    Hmmm, well the '09 LS3 has the same injectors as the '08s, so something else is amiss here. As far as I know, everything is the same. The E38 pcm, and all. The ZR1 uses an electronic fuel system, not a mechanical like all the other vehicles. If you can, please get Chris to chime in here so we'll all know what's up.

If the definition is accurate, my best guess is that GM has dome some "internal" ratioing, so to overcome the 63.5# table limit (???). If so, this is a good thing, and maybe Chris and the gang can find a way to apply it to the previous calibrations. FYI, Ford did this on their EEC-V cars with the MAF table limit.
    Formerly known as RWTD

well, well, well, you're not gonna believe this but it looks like GM has bumped up the limit to double what it was

I'll fix the editor ASAP, but for now just know that the flow rates shown are half what they really are.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Bill, on that ZR1 cal, can you do a screenshot of the fuel injector group for us, as well as the fuel system type? It would be nice to see if there is any additional fuel system parameters for the electronic system it got. I'd also like to see the IFR table screenshot.

Thanks for considering it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    well, well, well, you're not gonna believe this but it looks like GM has bumped up the limit to double what it was

I'll fix the editor ASAP, but for now just know that the flow rates shown are half what they really are.
    WHOA! I knew something was up like that! That's AWESOME!

Hopefully this wasn't a difficult change for GM. Meaning, cough cough, you (Chris) will be able to see what they did in order to offer it to the previous years ('05-'08)...huh huh huh??? LOL!

It would be neat to see if the '08 LS3 could take an '09 LS3 flash.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott@Callaway
    Hello Bill,

Thanks Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD
    Bill, on that ZR1 cal, can you do a screenshot of the fuel injector group for us, as well as the fuel system type? It would be nice to see if there is any additional fuel system parameters for the electronic system it got. I'd also like to see the IFR table screenshot.

Thanks for considering it!

WHOA! I knew something was up like that! That's AWESOME!

Hopefully this wasn't a difficult change for GM. Meaning, cough cough, you (Chris) will be able to see what they did in order to offer it to the previous years ('05-'08)...huh huh huh??? LOL!

It would be neat to see if the '08 LS3 could take an '09 LS3 flash.
    i'll look into it, but it basically the same mods as i would have done.

If they moved the vette to the new variable fuel pump, they will be using the FPCM, a seperate module that controls the fuel pump and measures the rail pressure. Since they have calibrated the IFR curve outside the normal vacuum range then i suspect that's the case.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    i'll look into it, but it basically the same mods as i would have done.

If they moved the vette to the new variable fuel pump, they will be using the FPCM, a seperate module that controls the fuel pump and measures the rail pressure. Since they have calibrated the IFR curve outside the normal vacuum range then i suspect that's the case.
    Potentially so! I was pretty sure the '09 LS3 still has the fixed style pump system (the same as the '08 LS3, and '06-'08 Z06). I could be wrong, but I'll double check. Your definitions seem to back this up, as well (pump type is shown as "Fixed" in the tune). The ZR1 has the variable, as we know.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Looks like the '03 LS3 might have a bigger thottle body too, based on the idle scalar value.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Diss
    Looks like the '03 LS3 might have a bigger thottle body too, based on the idle scalar value.
    No, it's the same. Changes like that are nothing more small tweaks GM has done in order to improve areas that the calibrators found needing improvement.

I'm almost 100% sure there really isn't much of anything different in the '08 and '09 LS3.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Senior Tuner
    I've attached the differences from Scott's 09 auto and my 08. Maybe a little idle improvement?