Thread: Common sense or stupid idea

Tuner in Training

Common sense or stupid idea

Ok so I have an 02 Z06, STS Twin GT32s running 7 lbs, fmic, 2 bar map, 60 lb motrons, racetronics, LC1/XD16 combo and standard HP Tuners.
    My current tune is pretty good but I would like to turn the boost up to 10lbs. and was thinking...couldnt you just take certain tables, PE for example, and just use the proper multiplier, whatever it would be based on the fact that I currently run 7lbs but want to add 3 more, on excel and paste them back in and be close enough to start fine tuning?
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

You need to tune for the boost you will be running. With 2 bar that's pretty simple. Just adjust the fueling at the MAP Kpa that you are/will be running.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Yeah it makes it really easy, tune the whole boost range and then you can knock it back to whatever and be dead on.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training

?

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    You need to tune for the boost you will be running. With 2 bar that's pretty simple. Just adjust the fueling at the MAP Kpa that you are/will be running.
    EQ ratio vs MAP?
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Boost EQ ratio vs MAP AND get the PE EQ ratio set at a reasonable AFR for your particular setup. EG, turbo - not as much PE down low so you don't drop from 14.7 to 11.5 with only 2 PSI boost.
    Always Support Our Troops!