Thread: 96lb. injectors and AEM driver...tuning?

Tuner in Training

96lb. injectors and AEM driver...tuning?

am in need of some tuning help. I just installed my new 96lb. injectors and AEM driver box. I put in a generic IFR table and scaled a few things back in the injector tables. I am running a boost referenced return style fuel system and I turned the base pressure down to 42psi from 58 with my old 60lb.ers. I finally got the car cranked up yesterday and I am still having too much fuel at idle almost to the point where it burns your eyes just sitting in the car. I don't know if it is pertinent or not, but I also changed the car over from a manual to an auto at the same time I did the injectors. My other problem is the LC1 I have seem to has something wrong with it where it will work sometimes and then it will just randomly peg at 14.9 so I can't say what my actual idle afr's are at. To fix this problem I ordered a PLX wideband and I will be swapping it in later this week. Could you look at my tune and maybe make a few changes here and there to get me going or if you have any suggestions I can try....

If you have 96 lb injectors that are rated at 43.5 psi (standard) then I would raise the fuel pressure to match the 43.5 with no vaccum on the regulator. Then set the IFR table to 96 all the way across. I believe that is the correct way to go about that.
    Last edited by fasttrackperformace; 08-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have 96lb injectors not 60lb. I used to have 60lbers in it and had the fuel pressure set to 58. I have since dropped the pressure down to help offset the fuel from the big injectors. Does anyone else have any advice? There has to be someone that can help get this straightened out. My new wideband should be in either tommorow or wednesday and I will get a better idea of what the idle afr's are actually doing.

Quote Originally Posted by exploder
    I have 96lb injectors not 60lb. I used to have 60lbers in it and had the fuel pressure set to 58. I have since dropped the pressure down to help offset the fuel from the big injectors. Does anyone else have any advice? There has to be someone that can help get this straightened out. My new wideband should be in either tommorow or wednesday and I will get a better idea of what the idle afr's are actually doing.

I updated my post above with the correct numbers, sorry for the confusion I did not read the post good enough. You have injectors that are rated at 96 lb per hour at a pressure of 43.5. In your tune you are showing a flow rate of 70 lb per hour...
    Last edited by fasttrackperformace; 08-11-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Your right....I let my buddy upload the file and I guess he may have forgotten to change the IFR table. I just thought he had put it at 96 across the board. I guess I will try that and see how that goes.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrackperformace
    If you have 96 lb injectors that are rated at 43.5 psi (standard) then I would raise the fuel pressure to match the 43.5 with no vaccum on the regulator. Then set the IFR table to 96 all the way across. I believe that is the correct way to go about that.

wont work, the 96 ifr part,.....that will cause other issues......1514
    [IMG][/IMG]

Advanced Tuner
    Your right....I let my buddy upload the file and I guess he may have forgotten to change the IFR table. I just thought he had put it at 96 across the board. I guess I will try that and see how that goes.

yeah i told u that u need to cut the ifr table by % and cut ve by that same %.
    u cannot put in the correct ifr that those 95 would require...1514 will pop... so that mean that the extra fuel needs to be pulled thru the ve table.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tuner in Training
    Nick how much of a percentage did you cut out to get it close? Am I going to have to go SD to get this right, because I sure have enjoyed raping my PE tables..

Advanced Tuner
    Nick how much of a percentage did you cut out to get it close? Am I going to have to go SD to get this right, because I sure have enjoyed raping my PE tables..

well u got 95 and the ifr is 70 so clip ve 15% right off the bat..then 5% at a time until ur in the ballpark....once in the park use the histogram
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tuner in Training
    thanks nick I will try that and see what happens. I got my new wideband in today so I can figure out exactly where I am at afr wise.

Tuner in Training
    using my quote...