Thread: Wideband ?

Advanced Tuner

Wideband ?

I have probably every post on this forum about what is the best Wideband. Seems that the LC-1 had issues and the AEM had issues but all the "Wich Wideband is right for you" post are pretty old.

Is there any new data out there on the current go to wideband?

Have the LC-1 issues been corrected? Same with AEM?

This is the only thing holding me up and I don't pick a dud.

I have the VCM Pro, 03 C5 A4.

Thanks,

Steve

Tuner in Training FourG63 97GST's Avatar
    From what I've read, alot of the LC1 issues where user error.
    the problem I had with mine was bad grounding.

I have an AEM and have it ran through my EGR to read in HPTuner. I have no problems. Had to play with the PID voltage offset to get it right but you will probably have to do that on all brands. Since you have pro, you can run it through the EIO input. For me, mine is permanent mounted so i chose the EGR method.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

The FJO Racing wideband (NTK sensor) has been trouble free for over 5 years, and no offset issues. Compared the AFR gauge to the scanner AFR, and they match, and in closed loop, the wideband reports 14.4-15.1 AFR.

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I bought the NGK AFX w/b. Will report back on how everything sync's up with HPtuners once I get everything in and running.
    New - 08 C6 Z06 - intake only - 478whp/446wtq
    RIP- 08 C6 6spd - 480whp/441wtq - Bolt-ons/Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the input everyone.

Russ K, where did you put the bung on your C5? I'm thinking of just after the X pipe to get gases from sides.

Steve

Install the WB in place of the RF O2 sensor.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Which is the correct part # for the aem sensor/controller? I assume i need the controller but not the gauge correct?

Id like to bring this thread to life again.
    I still heard XX brand is better than XX brand.

Any new updates?

Id like for it to work directly with my Pro unit nad transfer it from car to car

Tuner
    IMHO http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm is the best on budget . i have 5 techedge wb in my shop and there basic reliable and dont have the problems with ground offset the others have nor do they throw errors like the innovate when the get hot.

I had nothing but problems with the PLX (~1 yr). Switched to NGK and it runs like a Swiss watch by comparison.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Tuner in Training
    I attempted to use the PLX myself and experienced nothing but problems and lack of customer service. I purchased my first unit and prepared it to tune my customers vehicle and it did not operate directly out of the box. After speaking with the folks at PLX about the issue, we were instructed to take the unit apart to be sure that the solder points were completed properly, then asked to return the unit for warranty. Now at that point we were not given the option of getting a replacement unit. Instead we had to return our unit first then PLX would release the second unit. It took us nearly a month to get the second unit and the very same problem plagued it as well. The screen would only read "rich" and nothing more. PLX had us check the solder points again and offered to replace the unit again. We declined at that point and asked for a full refund. We were awarded this refund however they would not cover the shipping costs to return both of the faulty units!

Since that time we purchased the LM2 unit and love it!!