Thread: Going Lean. Please help !!

Tuner in Training

Going Lean. Please help !!

I noticed in the last few weeks that my tune has shown an increase of injector duty cycle so I decided to look into it. It went from 85-86% - 90-91%. The only change I made was going back to a stock converter. My car is a H/C/I car that makes around 435 rwhp and has the l92/76 setup with LS7 injectors and stock fuel pump. I hooked up a BAP that will run only when a switch is on when I plan to spray the car. Attached you will find a screenshot of a bad lean spot I found today. It was 17.2 A/F. Not very safe .lol While I was trying troubleshoot the car, I attached a fuel pressure gauge to watch fuel pressure. fuel pressure is around 45psi until I nail it and it goes to 40psi. (Thats the screenshot you see below). I tried it again with the BAP on and the pressure went from 45 to 43.5. Do you guys think the fuel pump is going bad? Thats the only thing I can think of. I was thinking that the pump was starting to crap out and the injectors are trying to compensate for it. The car has 30k miles on it. What do you guys think? I have attached the log from the run below. :bigears

Senior Tuner
    I replied in your post at Corvetteforum.