Thread: Startup tune, newby here

Tuner in Training

Startup tune, newby here

Hello, new to the board here. Quick question for you guys. I am ordering the Hptuner pro suite monday and removing my Diablo tuning software. Is there a basic tune I can install to get me started ? my car is a DD and I dont want to drive it if i am going to be taking a chance of hurting it. I have long tube headers, X-pipe no cats and borla stinger axhaust. Ported throttlebody, Vortex rammer CAI and a VXR3 cam. The Diablo predator tune seemed to work alright but it was rich at idle. thanks for the help. cant wait to get onto tuning with the Hptuner.
    p.s. I have a lc-1 wideband but senser died, Have one on order should be here tomorrow.

thanks again.
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    SS LT'S. X-pipe. Borla Stinger
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

Try your tune that you have in the car now, just for a start.
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

Tuner in Training
    Once I remove the Diablo tune it will be back to a stock tune in it. Can I run it with a stock gm tune for a bit without hurting anything?
    1999 Navy Blue Corvette
    SS LT'S. X-pipe. Borla Stinger
    Vortex rammer CAI
    VXR3 cam
    BBK intake
    BBK 80mm TB
    Chrome motorsports
    T1R Proxies.

More than likely yes, the question is will it run. As far as doing anything to hurt is not likely, it just may not run.
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by canada99vette
    Hello, new to the board here. Quick question for you guys. I am ordering the Hptuner pro suite monday and removing my Diablo tuning software. Is there a basic tune I can install to get me started ? my car is a DD and I dont want to drive it if i am going to be taking a chance of hurting it. I have long tube headers, X-pipe no cats and borla stinger axhaust. Ported throttlebody, Vortex rammer CAI and a VXR3 cam. The Diablo predator tune seemed to work alright but it was rich at idle. thanks for the help. cant wait to get onto tuning with the Hptuner.
    p.s. I have a lc-1 wideband but senser died, Have one on order should be here tomorrow.

thanks again.
    Just to let you know,you can download your tune that you have with your diablo sport when you get the hpt.when you do that Then download back to stock with the Diablo sport.Now you can download your stock tune with HPT.now you have your diablo tune and your stock tune.then you tune your car to what ever you want with the HP tuners.