Thread: Wideband reading 15.5-16.5 on closed loop / narrowbands

Tuner in Training

Wideband reading 15.5-16.5 on closed loop / narrowbands

LQ4 with a PLX AFR mounted 30" or so downstream on bank 1. When I bought the PLX a month ago, i never bothered to see what it read on closed loop. I tuned the VE according to the AFR error, but now I'm thinking my wideband is off.

Anyone know why my AFR might be reading so lean? Could it be the wideband sensor, plx box, narrowbands?

How did you wire it up, pro interface or through the egr?

I had that problem with my PLX. NB's were toggling just fine at 14.7 but the PLX was reading 15.5. I changed widebands and everything is peachy.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic
    How did you wire it up, pro interface or through the egr?
    Pro interface (with the capacitor at the pro end). Could it be grounding? I grounded it to the main fuse box under the hood

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    I had that problem with my PLX. NB's were toggling just fine at 14.7 but the PLX was reading 15.5. I changed widebands and everything is peachy.
    Sensor or the whole combo?

Dynojet Wideband Commander

Tuner in Training
    I'd strongly recommend against the PLX devices, i've emailed PLX several times and they've continued to ignore my emails.

Out $200

Desty - As I said above I had problems with my PLX. However Nick from PLX responded reasonably quickly on email. I just decided not to repair my PLX and get the DynoJet.

Do I need to calibrate my Wideband sensor? or should I be looking for something to change in the HPtuners package?

DynoJet Wideband commander, I have it connected to my pro dongle and the DynoJet AUX pid added to my tables. It will constantly read 17.91afr only at WOT will it change and read 12.8 to 13. When connected directly to the laptop it reads 14.8 to 15.1 in Commander software.

Quote Originally Posted by stomper
    Do I need to calibrate my Wideband sensor? or should I be looking for something to change in the HPtuners package?

DynoJet Wideband commander, I have it connected to my pro dongle and the DynoJet AUX pid added to my tables. It will constantly read 17.91afr only at WOT will it change and read 12.8 to 13. When connected directly to the laptop it reads 14.8 to 15.1 in Commander software.
    Looks like with a little more searching I have found my answers, so no need for a response.

Thanks guys.