i have an 06 cobalt ss/sc with
    2.6 pulley
    ngk colder plugs
    stock injectors
    custom intake {filter sets behind open fog light hole}
    stock exhaust {but cut off stock muffler and welded on fart can}
    basicly stock tune
    and i now have hp tuners {scary huh}
    there has to be a way to run this set up on my car with hp tuners but i'm to scared to do much i have greg banish's book but i work two jobs and have very little time to read it i need a lot of help. i think i have cut back on supercharger torque man. so the boost is not so much i need more fuel and i'm very scared to play with the fuel what can i do to run my car safe. yes i do have a couple of logs. i feel very stupid and flusterd that i got hp and don't know how to use it HELP HELP HELP!!!!!

Youre crazy. Where do I start. A 2.6 is wrong on so many levels. First off, you are "overspinning" the blower. Secondly I hope you have a SHITLOAD of cooling mods to be running a pulley that small. How big are your injectors? Please say they are AT LEAST 60lb/hr. Enough of my flaming. First thing you need to do is get a good grasp on what your mods are and post those. Please go get a professional tune. You have a seriously modified car on your hands that you shouldnt be "learning" to tune on. Its one thing if you have a stock car a decide to do one thing at a time, but it seems you got a serious car dropped in your lap.

stock injectors and i have been running this way since mid winter. why is it so bad to want to learn how to tune? i know i f*** up with the pulley but it runs fine and i plan to get a 3.0 for my zzp hub next do u want too see a log with wot?? i dont care what u think of it i love cars and want to Learn and will not just give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by simmonsnick; 08-08-2008 at 10:43 PM.

wow, it's going to blow up.
    That is all I can say,.
    Next time do some research before doing mods.

and trust me, I do know what I'm talking about.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Tuner in Training
    im going to be the third person to butt in and tell you to change some stuff...

even a 2.9 shouldnt be used with stock injectors...what are you thinking?
    2005 SS/SC
    Performance Mods: 2.8/60lb; Meth Inj; Zex 50 Wet; K&N Intake; KSports; Hurst STS; Pacesetter Header; Dual Interceptors; LC-1 Wideband
    Appearance Mods: CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES
    Oh Yeah, I Also Have This

i know what i did was dum but come on i said that at the top. so i will get a smaller pulley what size to be safe with the tuner?? then what??

On stock injectors.... stock pulley... that's it. if you want to run a 2.6 you need at least 60lb/hr's or switch to 42's and a 2.9/3.0 or so.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsnick
    i know what i did was dum but come on i said that at the top. so i will get a smaller pulley what size to be safe with the tuner?? then what??
    You need a bigger pulley. A 2.6 is too SMALL.

sorry i ment bigger my fault!! i heard u can run a 3.0 or 3.1 with stock injectors with some tuneing is that true!!?? i still want to learn how to use hp i did spend the 500$$ for it!! u say next time but my car is fine so it is still this time and i can catch it and fix it now but i'm looking for help not flamming if i wanted that i would go back to cobaltss.net what a bunch of jerks some of them are!!i thought i would get better answers here!!
    Last edited by simmonsnick; 08-05-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    You need a bigger pulley. A 2.6 is too SMALL.
    u seem to be interested in my problem and i greatly apperciate it

Potential Tuner
    you "can" run a 3" pulley on stock injectors but they are way maxed out, it will pull timing even on 93. looking at your logs either your idc is wrong or you dont have stock inj.

I have a feeling he probably has some 60s. I would put the stage 2 pulley back on and start with some cooling mods. CXRacing heat exchanger and dual pass (option B).

they are stock injectors. i will take pic if u want me to they are green well know. in scanner does the boost control work what do the #'s stand for %??
    that is what i have been doing on the way to work i drive this car every day 40mi at "least". how is it the idc can be wrong. i feel really dumb but what does it tell me???did i do any thing bad in the tune??
    Last edited by simmonsnick; 08-05-2008 at 06:39 PM.

how do i plan out make stock tune better??

If you are in the least bit concerned you will get yourself a wideband and see for yourself that you are probably locking up the injectors on occassion and running super lean, which punches neat little holes in the pistons.

Who the fuck's idea was that anyhow? Anything smaller than like a 2.7 is a waste of time honestly. Even with serious cooling mods. All it does is make more torque sooner, but makes you have to pull more top end timing because the charge is so hot.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

If your injectors are green they are the stock injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    If your injectors are green they are the stock injectors.
    so then my idc is wrong?? how can it be?? IDC injector duty cycle??? yes no
    i just learning this stuff so bare with me but i can paint a car like colored glass!!! is a no no to play with stoich afr.is that germen??how can i run just under max on my injectors??

I cant see your logs, what is your MAX IDC? How do you know you have a 2.6 on there? Stoich is 14.7 AFR

so do not play with the stoich i have it set for 15.00000 right now.it is on the pulley!!
    Last edited by simmonsnick; 08-06-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsnick
    so do not play with the stoich i have it set for 15.00000 right now.it is on the pulley!!
    Damn dude. Stock injectors, 2.6, thats insane. You need to set your stoich to 14.7. Sounds like someone was just trying to slightly increase gas mileage a bit.