Thread: wideband question

Tuner

wideband question

I apologize for Even having to ask this question, but I just can't find a post that explains it step by step.
    I have an innovate LM1 wide-band, and have it wired into my scanner and ready to go. I just don't know where I go in the software to "program" the system to recognize and display it.
    Also; when I FINALLY get it integrated and start logging, will HP give me actual AFR #s (say at WOT) for easy reading, or just a percentage or + or - I interpret.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Im having some trouble with this too, I can't get any data from the wb to display on the chart while scanning. Did you enter the PID into the chart? You do this by right clicking on the chart and selecting chart settings. Then open the chart that you want your wb to be displayed on. next to PID in the menu click there is open space but click there and you'll go to another menu. Under aux input list you can select your wideband from the list. From there your on your own I can't get any info to record from the wb onto the graph.

hope this helps
    2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    GM Stage 2
    Injen CAI
    Vibrant Header, DP, and GMPP Sport Exhaust
    Hurst STS

Try these two. One is how to set offset voltage. if your LM1 and scanner are reading different readings, use this instructions. You also need the program cd that came with the wideband. The other is how to set hook it to the MPVI.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Tuner
    Thanks for the responses.
    I haven't tried to set anything up in the software yet. I know it's just me, but all of the instructions I've read seem to address a certain issue with the wideband setup. It would be great if there was a step by step writeup for setting up a wideband to display in HPT. (example open up XXscreen and open XXtab, then enter xx in this location etc)
    I will try the tips you guys provided when I can get some spare time (Working 12hr days right now limits my "learning" time)

I took this picture to help other people connect their LM-1 to HP Tuner's MPVI. Now I am working on getting my voltage offset right.