Thread: Scanner Skew-if

Scanner Skew-if

Gday guys, ive been meaning to follow up this problem i came across when i was bound to do some high-alt logging on my home trip from Jindabyne on monday, my scanner was runnin A-ok right up untill that morninng - im running windows vista (32bit) here, but yeah that morning it decided to install update - KB955020
    since then ive had a number of dramas not just with the scanner but also with the likes of winamp crashing and so fourth. my scanner config file that i had setup the way i liked is now showing "corrupt" and yeah the scanner flips out when i try scanning straght off any other config files part from the default metric config, issues ive found associated are failed connections and when have managed a connected scan the gauges are off their dials eg. i had ECT reading -40'c and IAT +83'c, mind u outside the vehicle its puking snow actual ambiant would be between -1'c to -5'c and im driving on half a foot of fresh snow. Well i just thought id bring this up, right now im about to uninstall this "update" and see what comes of it.
    keep you posted, cheers Bryan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please post a scanner log showing the issue as well as the scanner config file that is showing "corrupt".

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

bugger, sorry Bill i should have kept that data, ive long turfed most of it, but i can send you the somewhat successful data logs and a config file i used outside of the default metric config,
    still it was ment to log Baro readings, couple the logs i see hadnt done so.
    by the way theres a few pics of when the problem was occuring, prob not much help as you would need actuall data to disect - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...a&id=508424747
    but one thing just looking at it then, the baro was reading on that malfunction 56.33kpa, if anything in the alps it gets down to 80kpa.

may i add at the time i didnt have my wideband hooked up hence it sitting on 11afr

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    All 3 of the log files & the single config appear to work fine & give valid data. If you run into this issue again please feel free to send support more info on the issue include the corrupt config file and a scanner log showing the issue.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

To let you know since ive removed that particular vista update yesterday, the scanner has resumed normal function. no connection issues or abnormal guage readouts.