Thread: Cat/O2 sensor theoretical temperature

Tuner

Cat/O2 sensor theoretical temperature

Is there any way on an 08 LS3 to change the cat/o2 temp model? I need to decrease the numbers so the oxygen sensor heater stays on longer. I would like to make the numbers be actual numbers instead of just shutting everything off. The car has LG longtubes and it is messing with the fuel trims at idle and light cruise bad enough to cause a surge (and yes I verified this with a car with stock manifolds). The oxygen sensor heater is not staying on long enough to stay hot and switch well. I already moved the o2 up in a primary tube about 10 inches from the exhaust port, but it is not enough at very light cruise and idle (it is 10x's better at heavy cruise though). The expected cat temp (where the o2 is located stock) is about 1000 to 1300 degrees. The actual temp where the o2 is located is about 300-600 and even decreases more with prolonged idle or very light cruise.

Anyone?

I think someone had a similar problem here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19185

Tuner
    Yes, that was my first post. I actually tried those things, but they didn't work. It made it better, but could not fix it b/c the duty cycle on the o2 heater shut off, so the sensor still stops switching even with the rear ones up front.

Haha, oh ok. I didn't notice it was you! I just knew there was a thread about it since my car does basically the same thing. I have LG Pro headers too.