Thread: DJ WBCommander gauge readings vs....

Arrow DJ WBCommander gauge readings vs....

dedicated LM1 user here (own 2 of them),
    playing with the DJ system.
    questions:
    (EIO user)
    is the preset DJ PID accurate? or is there an offset needed...???

next, is the gauge that comes with the DJ accurate?

reasons for questions is that if i use the preset PID it doesnt match the gauge...its off by up to .5afr at different loads..but stoich is within .1-.2afr.

i created a custom offset/user pid and have program/scanner match the gauge nearly exact..within .1-.2afr in all areas/loads.
    (.605v=9.82afr)

which direction is recommeded?
    is the DJ gauge just another lookyloo/idiot gauge or should it be depended on?

thanks guys.

I use the DJ WBC. I haven't as of yet used the Dynojet software. I have always used the built in PID.
    Always Support Our Troops!

thanks for the response

how close is your DJ gauge to the hptuners built in PID.

Gauge is usually very close but since it's analog it's harder to compare in real time.

kewl. thats what i needed to know..(analog gauge)
    thanks a bunch.

update.

just got a response from DynoJet.
    but need somebody from HPT to verify this please.

So, it sounds as if you're using the 0-5v Data Acq. output from the WBC and running that over to you HP Tuner's MPVI Pro device. In this case, when you're using the 0-5v output, the actual AFR value reported in the software can be incorrect because of ground offsets. Dusty mentioned that the software would report the proper value, but he was referring to the WBC software, not the software interpreting the WBC 0-5v data acq. output. In order to get rid of potential ground offset problems it would be advised to ground the WBC to wherever the MPVI is grounded to, which in this case, would be the OBD2 port.

Your gauge sounds like it's functioning properly. With "key on 12v" power, the gauge will jump to 14.7, and then once the sensor is fully warmed up, it will jump to 18.1 (assuming there isn't left over exhaust gas in your pipes).

Good luck!
    so now i/we need to know is the premade/default DJ commander wb PID accurate. (,625 = +10)

CLIFFNOTE:
    i tested the wb readings between 2 lm1's (with corrected offsets, and the DJ (premade PID) and the DJ reads leaner by .4-.6afr.

im having confidence issues between the units themselves..all 3 have new sensors.

thanks for the help guys,
    Last edited by usd2sing; 08-01-2008 at 02:22 PM.

You can do what DJ said about moving the ground but if moving the ground doesn't help then you need to create your own user defined EIO PID for it. The built in one for the DJWBC is: volts / .625 + 10. So you will need to have yours be: volts/.625+9.5.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

thanks bill,

i wasnt clear if this was necessary since some friends and even EC_tune mentioned its plug and play accurate.
    sigh, bck to the garage in flipping 100+* weather and 990% humidity..dbl sigh. LOL

I have been chasing WB accuracy problems for a while. Two different controllers and two different sensors. I have never seen HPT match the gauge or controller specific software without having to alter the minimum AFR portion of the equation, usually only be a few tenths. I think Doug should double check his.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

guys to help you can also log the raw voltage from the WB on the EIO input and check what it is to help troubleshoot grounding issues.

I've never had a problem with my dynojet WB
    I count sheep in hex...

I set up a cig lighter plug for the DJ WBC and it has been working just fine all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    I set up a cig lighter plug for the DJ WBC and it has been working just fine all this time.
    I have setup my DynoJet WBC the same way and have compared it to another DynoJet unit, an Autronic and a PLX and it although HEGO sensors seemed to struggle with high overlap cams at low airflows they were all quite close where it counted. I have used my gauge a couple of times but not for a long time now so I cannot give you any direct evidence but from memory it was quite accuate but like mentioned it is hard to tell in real time.
    Cheers