Thread: 4l70e to 4l60e swap

Potential Tuner

4l70e to 4l60e swap

What is required to do a swap from a 4l70e to a 4l60e? I see alot of 4l60e to 4l80e swaps and assume that the 4l70e swap would be similar.

I have a customer that already installed the trans and he is currently running the stock tcm. The truck is a 2007 Yukon Because the truck had a 4l70e in it previously he is getting a input speed sensor code but the trans seems to operate and drive fine other than that he said. I would like to be able to set him up with the proper operating system for the trans so that everything works like it should with no codes.

Will the tcm need to be swapped to a tcm for a 4l60e or can the stock one be reflashed to work the other way? Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

They are pretty much the same trans. The 70 has an input speed sensor where the 60 doesn't. The 70 should also be stronger then the 60 and 65.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I know the 70 has the iss and the 60 doesnt. The vehicle originally had the 70 and the guy put a tci 60 in it and now gets the code from not having the sensor. What I would like to do is set up the tune so that the vehicle knows it has a 60 in it. I just am not sure of how to achieve this as I have never had to do it before.