Thread: 08 Denali 6.2L Programing Question.

08 Denali 6.2L Programing Question.

I have the latest HPtuner version. I want to know if it will read and program the 08 Denali? It is a friend of mine and he had the dealer program it with LS1 Edit. The say they locked it. He is very tired of sending the VCM back and forth threw the mail and is wanting to know if HP Tuners will work on his truck. Also if it will and I can not get into it because they locked it can I get it unlocked some how? The LS1Edit programmer will not unlock it or at least thats what the programer says. Thanks all.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a locked VCM cannot be read out using our software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not trying to hijack the thread, but if I can read a PCM that means it isn't locked? 97 Regal PCM???
    1997 Regal GS. SLP headers, CAI, cat back. S1X cam, 1.6 RR's, 3.5" pulley, ported S/C, LS1 valve springs.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Stone
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but if I can read a PCM that means it isn't locked? 97 Regal PCM???
    It can be a little more complex than that but for the most part yes, if you can read the pcm it probably isn't locked.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
    I have the latest HPtuner version. I want to know if it will read and program the 08 Denali? It is a friend of mine and he had the dealer program it with LS1 Edit. The say they locked it. He is very tired of sending the VCM back and forth threw the mail and is wanting to know if HP Tuners will work on his truck.
    You'll have to flash the ECM back to stock first.