Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maf calibrator histogram

Advanced Tuner

maf calibrator histogram

not sure if this will work or not, but can someone help me build a maf calibration config?

every time I hook it to the vehicle it says

this histogram is not supported with the current load parameters,

it used to work just fine, but something has changed or the new 2.22 version did, not sure?

I have tried different things to try and make it work but no success, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by kevmar; 06-24-2008 at 05:12 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nothing has changed, post your scanner log & we should be able to tell you why the histogram is not supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    there is no log since I get the message in the histogram display, but in the table display it works great.

Advanced Tuner
    the table shows up before trying to record log then I get the message

this histogram is not supported with the current load parameters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Without a log we cannot help you a config is only part of the picture.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't understand what a log is going to show you, its a grey screen that says this histogram is not supported with the current load parameters, just like its blank, you have a standard format 1-5, but if you look at 6-12 there blank and give you the same words i'm getting. Maybe you can see through the grey with the log?????

Advanced Tuner

ok bill here ya go heehe

here are two, one with g/sec and the other in lb/min

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    #3 histo you are not logging LTFT's so the histogram is broken
    #4 histo you are not logging STFT's so the histogram is broken
    #6 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor so the histogram is broken
    #7 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken
    #8, 9, 10, 12 are blank histograms therefore are not active
    #11 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken

Add the necessary PID's to your table display & all will be well.

Advanced Tuner
    did you look through the grey?? j/k
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
    did you look through the grey?? j/k
    he must of hahaa

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    #3 histo you are not logging LTFT's so the histogram is broken
    #4 histo you are not logging STFT's so the histogram is broken
    #6 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor so the histogram is broken
    #7 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken
    #8, 9, 10, 12 are blank histograms therefore are not active
    #11 histo you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken

Add the necessary PID's to your table display & all will be well.

Now that i've read this post, your right, but I didn't want to log LTFT nor STFT, nor use a wb, and yes the others are left blank as I don't need them and now I see the commanded afr.

ok just came back inside after adding the commanded afr hi, then low and still wont work.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please read my post again, you would need to have a wideband reading IN ADDITION to logging commanded afr. Hence the reason I said "you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken" if one part of the histogram is broken the ENTIRE histogram is broken.

Kevin,

WTF happened to all the configs we built for you when you came over?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Please read my post again, you would need to have a wideband reading IN ADDITION to logging commanded afr. Hence the reason I said "you are not logging a Wideband o2 sensor nor are you logging commanded afr so the histogram is broken" if one part of the histogram is broken the ENTIRE histogram is broken.

Don't need a wb to do what i'm doing,but thanks anyways.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    Kevin,

WTF happened to all the configs we built for you when you came over?

Not sure bill, all the other ones work still, even the ones i've built myself, if you don't mind I will give you a call, thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Talked with 5_liter_eater and understand what bill is talking about now ahhaaha

We built a fake afr error pid and some how it is lost.

can you post up your fixed file so I can down load it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette
    can you post up your fixed file so I can down load it

its not fixed yet, still trying to figure out the filter I need to put in the, configure user defined parameters area.

Fake AFR Config

OK, I may be setting the tuning community back 100 years but here's the deal; The config Kevin is trying to use is one I set up for him a long time ago but he lost the custom PID I set up for him called FAKE AFR Error which plotted how far off from 890mV your stock narrow band O2's are from 890 mV (890 mV being the commonly accepted equivalent to 13:1) even though everyone knows YOU CANT RELY ON NARROW BAND O2's TO TUNE WOT WITH. That being said, for those that want to disregard that and attempt to tune WOT with narrow band O2's here is a neat way to do it.

I've expanded on the functionality to be able to change the target narrow band mV more easily but my car is not running at the time and I'm putting all of this together from memory so I can't verify whether the config is working, I'll leave that to Kevin.

Fisrt I create a custom PID to define the target narrow band mV, thats all it does. In this case I'm setting it to 890 mV. It's called Target Narrow band and it's user defined PID #5. Change this if you want to target a different O2 mV.

Then I create the custom PID for the fake AFR Error which references the target PID and compares the current O2 mV against it to give you a Fake AFR Error. So if your O2 read 920 then (890-920)/890=-3.4% and you would modify your VE or MAF table at that point down 3.4%.

To use this config you will either need to create these custom PIDs EXACTLY as I have them screenshotted as user defined PIDs 5 and 6 or copy over your VCM Scanner.cfg file with the one attached. If ou do the latter you can delete the user defined PIDs 9 and 10, those are for my JAW wide band through my AC pressure sensor.

There are three histos; one plots the fake AFR Error against the VE table, one that plots the fake AFR Error against the MAF table and one that logs KR.

So, I'm going to throw out this disclaimer once again that you should not tune WOT with narrow bands and if you grenade your motor using this technique I take no responsibility.

Kevin, give this a shot and let me know how it goes. I should be running again in about a week and can try it out myself.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 06-29-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Bill, let the flamming begin ahahaa