Thread: ~100psi oil pressure?

Potential Tuner

~100psi oil pressure?

Howdy,

I was scanning my '99 z28 (LS1 with mild boltons) looking for a different problem and added the Oil Pressure PID to the table... To my surprise it read in at ~100psi. Guage on the dash showed ~40psi.

What gives? AFAIK, I've not purposely changed any math conversion or whatever in HPTuners...

I can provide the scan file if needed.

Thanks!

Mark

Oil pressure is not monitored by the computer on Fbodies, the PID means nothing. You gauge is what you want to use.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    Howdy,

Well, that would certainly explain it. :-)

It'd be neat if HPTuners would let you tell it to optionally "turn off stuff my car doesn't have" or whatever.

Mark

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marka
    Howdy,

Well, that would certainly explain it. :-)

It'd be neat if HPTuners would let you tell it to optionally "turn off stuff my car doesn't have" or whatever.

Mark
    yeah go by your Gauge ,If you had that much oil pressure you'd be blowing oil every where ,trust me been there done that
    1999 Camaro SS Full Weight No Diet
    H/C Motor Powered by MTI,Kooks Exaust,RC Trans&Gear Drive Train and Yanked!best run [email protected] on a 2.03 60'Mustang Dynoed 415 RWHP & 380 RWTQ Thru a 12 Bolt Moser and Full Exaust!My Latest Mod HP Tuners and Its the most fun and useful mod yet New Motor V.R.E.408 Stroker ,Mustang Dynoed 498RWHP thru full exaust ,12 Bolt Moser(3.73) and Yank SS4000 Verter...