Thread: LC-1 Wideband?PCM issue

Tuner in Training

LC-1 Wideband?PCM issue

Vehicle: 2006 Chevrolet Colorado, I4, Manual
    Wideband: Innovate LC-1
    * installed directly in to the PCM.

How it's installed

Through reading on the Corvette forums, someone posts a how-to for installing the wideband and being able to read it on HPTuners. I am sure we all know the option of splicing the A/C sensor. The other was to use PIN 55 of the blue plug on your PCM, which is supposed to be the EGR position sensor.

Seeing as my truck doesn't use that PIN, I contacted the person who did the write up, and through some quick help, we discovered that I can use PIN 7, on the grey plug, which is supposed to be the Transmission Fluid Temperature pin. Seeing as I have a manual transmission, I didn't have a wire to a sensor there, so I was able to install my LC-1 5v wire in to the TFT part of the PCM.

So now, when in HPTuners, if I put TFT(PID.4100) on my table, it should read whatever the LC-1 is putting in to it right?

Well, I tried setting up a custom PID so that I can read my LC-1.

User Defined -> made a new one. I used the formula;

([PID.4100]/.5)+9.6 as per instructions

I had the following read outs:

They all go up in increments of 2
    They all end in .6, never changes
    no matter what I do

I decided to take on of the readout numbers I was getting, and do some reverse math.

*19.6 minus the 9.6 I add at the end of my equation equals 10
    *what divided by .5 equals 10, and that was 5.

So that's telling me, that when my table/scanner reads 19.6, it's getting a 5v signal.

15.6 = 3v
    17.6 = 4v
    19.6 = 5v
    21.6 = 6v (this one puzzles me, seeing as it's no supposed to be over 5v)

I also have my LC-1 attached to a gauge, but it reads perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea, why the 0v-5v signal I am putting in to my PCM, reads out as 15.6, 17.6, 19.6, 21.6?

Please and thank you.
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado RST 5.3L

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds strange? What is your AFR range set up as in your LC1? For instance I have my range set for 10-18 afr and 0-5 volts of course and then I just figured out my voltage offset from the gauge to hptuners.

If you are using the default setup in the LC1 then thats probably where your problem is at. I am running a similar setup as I am running mine through my ac pressure switch and it has worked out great for me.

Just sounds like your equation is off somewhere.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 07-16-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    im running mine through the a/c circuit as well, mine works great,

me and extreme were trying to figure this out last night, i was maybe thinking that his numbers were possibly skewed because the temp sensor in the chart was logging in degrees F instead of Volts,

i know that when i log my ac pressure, i dont log actualy pressure but it logs volts, which makes my equation make sense, could the Farenheight reading be causing this?

Tuner in Training
    Running the stock setup in the LC-1 Programmer.

I changed the programmer as per someones suggestion this morning, and for some reason, i started running 20 to 22 AFR. Borderline stalls the truck, so I would shut it off. Only way I was able to fix it was to reinstall the stock O2.
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado RST 5.3L