Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 2.22 available now!

Arrow VCM Suite 2.22 available now!

HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.22 is Now Available!

HP Tuners is pleased to announce the release of VCM Suite 2.22. This release is has been a while in the making due to a lot of background projects here at HPT! This release announces our VCM Scanner only package as the headline feature. It also extends our existing GM & Ford support into 2008 & 2009 models, adds Windows Vista compatibility and adds support and expands functionality in various transmission controllers.

Behind the scene's we have been very busy with the opening of our new Chicago head office and growing our engineering resources to keep up with the demand for existing expansion and new application support.

Major new features for 2.22:
    - VCM Scanner only package
    - Windows Vista compatible
    - many new and updated 2008 & 2009 GM applications
    - Tunerlock support for E38 ECM's
    - over 450 new parameters for GM 6L80e (T43) transmission
    - GM Allison A40 Transmission Controller support
    - newest GM Duramax LMM support
    - VCM Scanner configuration forms GUI update
    - Consolidated bug fixes since previous release and beta

Once again, we would like to thank our dedicated HPT staff, our team of forum moderators, beta testers and all our valued customers who help us keep VCM Suite at the leading edge of tuning solutions. We appreciate your enthusiasm, dedication, patience and feedback during the sometimes long and complex development process.

We hope you enjoy VCM Suite 2.22!

VCM Scanner
    HP Tuners adds a new entry point for tuning enthusiasts with VCM Scanner. This package ships with the same MPVI Standard and Pro hardware options as the full VCM Suite but does not include the VCM Editor software capability. VCM Scanner allows you to scan and datalog your vehicle. It's an ideal way to get started if you don't want to tune your vehicle, want to monitor a shop tune you paid good money for, or you just want to impress your friends with advanced information available from your vehicles engine management system.

After the initial purchase, VCM Scanner does not require any additional licensing to use, you can scan any vehicle we support. Also, just like VCM Suite, software upgrades are free. So as we continue to add the latest model and other application support you can continue to upgrade completely free!

VCM Scanner can be upgraded to the full VCM Suite package at anytime, instantly via our online ordering system.

Pricing:
    VCM Scanner Pro $499
    VCM Scanner Std $349

For further details please see our website product page.

Dealers, please email [email protected] for further information.

GM 6L80e Transmission tuning enhancements
    HP Tuners developers have been busy adding additional support for the GM 6-speed transmission (6L80e). Over 450 new parameters have been added to allow very detailed control of the transmission shift pressures and shift feel. These transmissions are extremely complex and that is reflected in the complex nature of the tuning parameters. Definitely a challenge for even the more experienced tuners out there!

GM Allison A40 Transmission Controller support
    VCM Suite 2.22 also adds support for the Allison 6-speed transmission (A40 controller) used mostly in GM diesel engine applications. After a lengthy beta test period we are confident our customers will not be disappointed with the results!

Other Information
    An additional reminder to existing customers that all current information about your product is available to you via our customer login facility. Things such as your current application key, available software downloads and general information is available there. If you have not created an account yet, please think about registering soon.

Review our general release & beta release methodology HERE.

A complete list of new features and bug fixes can be found HERE

Obtaining the update
    All customers can login to download and install VCM Suite 2.22. Updates are FREE to all customers. MPVI customers who have never logged in, please create an account.

Please note that not all listed features and new vehicle types are available on serial interfaces, MPVI (USB) interface may be required.

For all ordering and pricing information on any of the new vehicles listed above, please see our Shop Online and Supported Vehicles page.

- The HP Tuners team.

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance of getting a detailed list of the "misc. bug fixes" that this latest build addresses?

Thanks in advance,
    Christopher

Have I not been using 2.22 for the last couple of months, or was that a Beta?

BTW, nice work with the GM 6 speed auto!
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkiiRegal
    Have I not been using 2.22 for the last couple of months, or was that a Beta?

BTW, nice work with the GM 6 speed auto!
    From what I've seen, there have been at least a few builds with the "2.22" designation. In order to ascertain that you have the latest version, go to the Help->About window and you'll see a more detailed version number.

This latest build shows "Version 2.22.3110.28034".

Tuner
    I dont see where to "update" my version anywhere? Do I have to delete my old one and download all over again?
    2015 Yukon SLT 5.3

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1c5vette
    I dont see where to "update" my version anywhere? Do I have to delete my old one and download all over again?
    All you need to do is download the build from the Customer Center and then install it like usual. It'll automatically overwrite the older version.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor
    All you need to do is download the build from the Customer Center and then install it like usual. It'll automatically overwrite the older version.
    I just reinstalled it. Thanks for the update on the Corvetteforum.

Tony B4

Advanced Tuner
    Let's just hope it fixes the transmission shifting issues. I'm going racing tonight and would rather not find out while I'm there that there are still issues with it.

Tuner
    Wanted to say thanks for the email too!, from HPtuners.

Advanced Tuner
    No autotune

I know I know, x1000 time
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Some things that weren't mentioned that have been added are new E38/E67 fan parameters that now allow the end user to use your 08' calibration rather than going to an 07' calibration.

We are now the first to offer this solution for those that don't want to go 'back to the future' so to speak like other tuning software packages are forcing you to do as their 'fix'.

Also we've added 09 G8 GT support!

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    It would not install over the older version, and told me to un-install the old version. Did that, then it installed, but now says no license information is found.
    Plugging in the MVPI device, then Help, then License Info, it shows
    my serial # and Application key, but says I don;t have any vehicle licenses.

What happened here?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Potential Tuner
    Do I need to be connected to the OBD port for this to work?
    The mvpi is plugged into my USB, and has power.

When I go to the Get License - the display says I don't have any licenses, and does not show any vehicles, and shows NO credits.

Clicking on the Get License icon, it pops up a box saying Interface not found,
    or not responding, verify it is connected, and vehicle diagnostic port has power...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like your drivers are not installed or not installed properly if you are getting an interface not found error.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    sounds like your drivers are not installed or not installed properly if you are getting an interface not found error.
    That got it - un-installed all the drivers and the software, then re-installed everything. Working now.

Thanks Bill....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6Fury
    No autotune

I know I know, x1000 time
    +1

Advanced Tuner
    Im very happy with the updates. I can now adjust O2 sensor voltages (yay!) and EVAP rates vs airflow!

Question:
    Some things that weren't mentioned that have been added are new E38/E67 fan parameters that now allow the end user to use your 08' calibration rather than going to an 07' calibration.
    ... EH?

some extra parameters were added to allow changing from the existing fan setup to an electric fan (like vette) setup on trucks, the kits made by various vendors. eg. PWM output frequency, startup delay etc. were added for LS2 and later vehicles.

also, O2 switch point min/max, the min idle RPM table (the one the GTO E40 guys asked for) and some other stuff.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    I'm confused.
    I got the email about the new release. I go to the customer service center, it says download current build Created on April 30, 2008.
    What I've been using is 2.22.3042.37744
    I tried downloading the latest as said above, I tried uninstalled it and installed the new release and it still has the same number: 2.22.3042.37744

What am I doing wrong?