Thread: 07 stang gt tune

Potential Tuner

07 stang gt tune

maybe ive missed something, but from what ive gathered reading thru most of the posts, its not possible to fully tune a modified 05 thru 08 mustang with HP. by modded i mean blown, nitrous, cammed, turbo ect...........is this accurate?

Potential Tuner
    hmmm, no replies.................. interesting.

completely inaccurate!

I have successfully tuned several supercharged and turbo'd mustangs with hp tuners and in my opinion hptuners is one of the most user friendly packages.

If you have accurately read the posts you'd have read that the scanner does not support some of the pids for the fords. The tuning software has no issues at all.

There are other scanners on the market that can be used at this time until the hp scanner is updated.

If you read all the posts you'd see that if you have the enhanced interface you can log maf volts through the 0-5v inputs on it. And then do all the tuning with the hp scanner but you'd have to run wires from the maf to the interface to pick up 0-5vsignal
    Last edited by Fox95; 06-28-2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox95
    completely inaccurate!

I have successfully tuned several supercharged and turbo'd mustangs with hp tuners and in my opinion hptuners is one of the most user friendly packages.

If you have accurately read the posts you'd have read that the scanner does not support some of the pids for the fords. The tuning software has no issues at all.

There are other scanners on the market that can be used at this time until the hp scanner is updated.

If you read all the posts you'd see that if you have the enhanced interface you can log maf volts through the 0-5v inputs on it. And then do all the tuning with the hp scanner but you'd have to run wires from the maf to the interface to pick up 0-5vsignal
    so are you using the SCT scanner and HP software?

I am using an SCT to scan and HPT to tune, works pretty well actually.

-Ken

Ken did you ever figure out why your ignition timing mods where not making an effect?

Did you start logging "load" to make sure you where making changes in "borderline knock" on the right load line cells?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox95
    Ken did you ever figure out why your ignition timing mods where not making an effect?

Did you start logging "load" to make sure you where making changes in "borderline knock" on the right load line cells?

I was making changes to the variable cam timing not borderline knock but to answer your question..no I did not figure it out. I have not put much more time into it. I think I am going to get on the duno and mess with it today actually. I'll keep you posted. I do appreciate all your help so far, it is nice to have a real tuner to help us novice guys out.

-Ken

keep some sct livelink logs of the dyno runs, and send them to me.

also if you can do some steady state testing at different throttle pedal positions on the dyno and log that as well, that would help alot.

Tuner in Training
    05 Mustang GT Ford Racing blower at 10Psi

HP tuners tuned.

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to tune a 2006 GT with a rousch charger added to it. What I think you are talking about is there there are not separate menus for superchargers like on some factory supercharged cars. You don't need those tables to tune the car if you add a supercharger etc.

And as for Nitrous.......come on, I could teach a first grade class how to tune for that!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeTech
    I was making changes to the variable cam timing not borderline knock but to answer your question..no I did not figure it out. I have not put much more time into it. I think I am going to get on the duno and mess with it today actually. I'll keep you posted. I do appreciate all your help so far, it is nice to have a real tuner to help us novice guys out.

-Ken
    FWIW> Apparently changing the Octane Plug Modifier does not actually remove the 3* modifier from the car. It still compensates whether you have it int he table or not from what I have been seeing.

The Octane Plug modifier isn't going to do anything.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC