Thread: Does this histogram show KR?

Does this histogram show KR?

I started my scanner and took a drive, my intention was just to learn my scanner. I opened a MAF config, took a short drive and loaded my data into the histogram. I did a little more reading and stumbled across Knock retard. Can this be right? It looks like I really need to address my timing in some of the cells after that short scan.

My question, at the cells that have a number other than zero. Do I need to reduce timing in my high octane table by that number? Do I need to address the low octane table too?

I know I need to hit more cells, I just about crapped after I saw these numbers. Im just trying to confirm my beliefs here. I need to hit alot more cells and keep going, right? example at 2000 rpms .32 reduce table by 8?

2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter

That does look like the timing retard table.

In order to be sure, though, you can check the config of that histogram and make sure that under "Plot value" that it's showing "Timing Retard" for the sensor.

Yep, it is, thanks. So am I on the right track to reduce KR? Low octane table too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioc5
    Yep, it is, thanks. So am I on the right track to reduce KR? Low octane table too?
    Yeah, you'll want to make sure that you reduce timing on both of your timing tables.

Yes, typically just subtract whatever KR you're getting from the HO spark table and smooth any big changes with surrounding cells. Remember that these are averages. You really want to crap your pants, look at the highest recorded numbers (click on the + button).
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Hit the plus, had a little shart, thanks. I learned something today! Its about time! Man this is so in depth, but it feels good to actually learn.