Thread: Door ajar -- constant chime when MPVI plugged in

Door ajar -- constant chime when MPVI plugged in

Strange situation with a 2006 F-150: When the MPVI is plugged in and the ignition key is turned on, the chime sets off on a constant tone, the interior lights go on, and a "Door Ajar" message is displayed. Unplug the MPVI, chime and message goes away.

ECM can be read and scanned, but the chime is a bit obnoxious. Suggestions, other than earplugs?

--Brian

So, any word from the HPT folks as to a fix for this problem?

--Brian

sorry dude that's a new one on me. I haven't done any f150's with HP yet. I have done f150's with diablo and sct and cant say i remember having any issue such as that.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Senior Tuner
    Does it do this with any F150 or just yours?

Our interface works with GM/Ford/Dodge (and a few others).
    We wont be able to fix this without actually looking at a vehicle. but as the Mfgrs use the OBDII plug pins for different things it may just be the nature of the beast.

Send a VCM Suite info log to support, and give them a link to this thread.

-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    Does it do this with any F150 or just yours?
    Send a VCM Suite info log to support, and give them a link to this thread.
    I've only tried it on the one F-150...will send a log in, thanks!

--Brian

Tuner in Training
    This happened with an F-150 I tuned as well. I plugged in with the door open and closed it after being plugged in. The Door ajar bing never went off.

Try getting in key off doors closed then plugging in and going key on. Worked for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Black X
    This happened with an F-150 I tuned as well. I plugged in with the door open and closed it after being plugged in. The Door ajar bing never went off.

Try getting in key off doors closed then plugging in and going key on. Worked for me anyway.
    I think we tried that, but maybe not in that exact order. I'll give it another shot...thanks for the suggestion!

Potential Tuner
    It does the same with my F150, 05' 5.4 KR, I had read it doing this and then loaded a tune and it did it all the time then when I wrote the new tune to it. I had to return the truck to stock using a SCT tuner and then download the processor Again with the doors shut and modify that tune and then it finally works.

STILL, I have the red light on the dash and it flashes twice continuously as if to say its been stolen. It doesn't do this when I tune it using my SCT software at all. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue, I'll send in my tune soon to have it checked out.

Thanks Doug.

This works for me as well...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Talking

Just happened a few minutes ago in a 2006 F-150 FX4 offroad. Get in the truck, close doors, key in, plug in HPT interface, turn key on, read ECM; worked for me.

Tuner in Training
    I tuned a 08 F150 a while back and experienced the tire pressure warning light blinking at me only when the MPVI cable is plugged in. Fortunately that was all.