Thread: Lm-1

Tuner

Lm-1

I'm trying to find the article that SPECIFICAllY shows how to install a LM-1 with the HPTuners. I have not been able to find how to hook up the Wideband to the tuner, or how to set it up to display. (I've read the notes every day since I received it, but I can't wait to do some scanning!!)

It your HPT the MPVI pro or standard interface?

here is a thread to hook the pro up to a LM1.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=lm1+set

Tuner
    I have the pro; Is white the ground and do I do anything with the copper wire? I never saw it mentioned.
    Thanks

The copper is the ground. When I get home tonight I can tell you if white or red is channel one or two.

Red is output 1, white is 2.

Tuner
    Thanks for checking

me to

how do the white, red and copper wire connect to the interface? is there a diagram that shows all three wires conncected? and what do you mean by open up the lm1, do you mean useing the software or phisically open it up. thanks mike

The wires from the LM1 connect to the green plug on the side of the MVPI PRO interface. You need a small straight screwdriver. The standard MVPI does not have the plug and you will have to wire the LM1 through the EGR or AC pressure switch. I would assume they mean open the LM1 programmer. That would be the program not the unit.

cool

if you would tell me the pin location for the black ,red and white wires i think we can do it.i bought the lm first and used it with a diablo.all concerned said the lm-i plugged in with the serial port and 8 pin out plug.when the pro showed up i was a little surprised with the terminal set up.
    it seems like i don't know **** thats because i am still from the HEI days.i am learning twenty years of technology overnight.good thing i have younger sons and friends who understand computers.
    thanks mike in mobile

Red, out put 1 on the LM1, is hooked to post 1 (top) on the HPT interface. The ground, mine is copper colored, goes to post 5. White, output 2 on t LM1, doesn't need to be hooked to anything, but I hooked mine to post 2 on the HPT interface so it doesn't just hang around and short anything out.

perfect,done
    thanks.mike

Hmm, I had a friends connected like that on the dyno the other day and it was still off on its reading on the scanner. Lm1 would show 14.8 or so and scanner showed 13.6, using the default config from hpt.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

yes ,mine is off .2 leaner on scan across the scale.i can live with it.i bet if i used a different o2 sensor location it would change again.
    mike

Go to your LM-1 software and set the off set.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado