Thread: tm removed; still bogging on take off

Potential Tuner

tm removed; still bogging on take off

I have a 2005 crew cab silverado 5.3 auto with 3.23 gears. only mod is slp intake. after removing all tm and disabling abuse mode, truck still bogs on take off and a little between each shift. shift points have been raised to 5900 rpms, also. i've read reviews of where guys just removed tm and their trucks became burnout beauties and i can't even so much much as squal.

I also know a lot of guys that removed TM and had to buy a new tranny soon after

Just because you removed it, does not mean there is not something else causing it to bog. Without a tune/log, we can't help much...
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    sorry, i'm new to tuning. i may add a little tm back. i'll try to get my file up soon, and thanks for the advice.

A lot of people just want to remove TM, but I never do unless it is a built tranny or the customer knows what could happen. The factory trannys need all the help they can get. That's just my opinion. Same reason I never ran good tires with the stock 10 bolt lol
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

TM removal might not fix your problem!
    You might be hitting some negative timing numbers on your timing table! That might cause a bog! ( when you stomp on the accelerator, the AFM vs. RPM Timing table, might be hitting some cells that have negative numbers! )
    Can you upload your file so I can look at the timing maps?

Senior Tuner
    Look at all of the spark retard sub-PIDs and see which
    ones get active, where you bog.

Trucks, at least older ones, seemed to have too sensitive
    a Burst Knock delta-cylinder-air threshold and if the motor
    is running up RPM fast, it will trigger just on airflow-slope.
    You might raise the delta-CylAir table to something like 0.02
    and see if it gets better.

On a hard mash of course, you're right into triggered. You
    may want to reduce the burst knock timing pull and make
    the decay faster.

Truck PE enables are set up as if burst knock was going
    to cover it all, and if you have "fixed" PE then you may
    be over-enriched for the actual delivered timing.