Thread: L67: single O2 to dual O2s

Tuner in Training

L67: single O2 to dual O2s

Hey guys,

I am building a lightweight sportscar using a series II L67 from a 1997 buick riviera connected to a camaro T5 transmission. I am familiar with diagnosing/repairing GM electrical, but I have very little experience tuning and none with HPtuners.

One thing I am concerned about is the fact that the L67 uses only 1 pre-cat O2 sensor and I have dual exhaust. Meaning that it is only going to read one bank on a boosted engine. Not good.

Basically at this point I do not know what my options are. I asked on another forum and found out that apparantly the 3.8L camaro uses dual O2s, and the same PCM as the buick. The camaro wouldn't have setting for boost control etc though.
    Are there any options in HPtuner that will allow for me to run dual O2s with the L67 pcm? Or do I flash the PCM with a camaro and tune from there?

Thanks for any help.
    Cory

Tuner
    Camaro bin, tune from there. Purchase or build a voltage clamp for the MAP sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Any idea what I would need to do for the boost control solenoid? I think the only other real difference is the fuel pump control, but I bet I don't need that.
    Thanks.

I think the MAP is hardcoded to read only vacuum in L36 applications, you can change the table so a 3-bar will work and the computer will still get the vacuum off of it but it can't think in terms of possitive manifold pressure.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    Experimental Physicist

Current:
    1964 Riviera (4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 PCM)
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (3.8 GDI, 8spd Aisin)
    1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 (454, 4L80E)
    SOLD:
    1970 Riviera
    1965 Riviera GS (465 Super Wildcat, SP400) #'s Matching
    1967 Skylark Deluxe
    1997.5 Regal GS

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info.
    I really would like to keep this fuel management system close to stock if possible. With a tune of course. It makes life easier for me, and makes the car easier to drive. With the light weight (under 1800lbs wet w/ driver) I don't need much power.

I am tempted to just run the O2 on one bank, and buy a good wideband O2 gauge/logging setup for the other. I want a wideband anyhow. I don't like the idea of the PCM not knowing what both banks are doing, but maybe this is the best way.

Anyone happen to know which bank runs leaner on these?
    Thanks,
    Cory

email me your file and i'll take a look at it, i'm sure there is a simple switch that sets the number of O2 sensors.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Chris,
    At this point I do not have a file to send because:
    A) I don't have HPtuners
    and B) I do not have the electrical connected yet.

I still have a couple weeks work before going on to electrical. I am trying to stay ahead of things so I am not waiting on parts though. I was hoping someone here would know what could be altered via VCMsuite.

I think at this point I will order VCMsuite for the L67 and see what comes up. Hopefully you are right about an easy switch. If not, I will run an O2 on one bank, and a wideband gauge in the other.

Cheers,
    Cory

Tuner in Training
    So after a "slight" delay, the car is pretty much ready for the road. If you're still willing and able, I've attached two files. One is stock except for VATS removed, and the other is how the car is now (DTCs disabled etc).

Thanks for any help.
    Cory
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow. Time warp. pics?

Tuner in Training
    heh. Yeah. It's been a long time.
    Car isn't much to look at, but here are some pics.
    tmp_IMAG0143-1275026273.jpgP1010140[2].jpg
    And here is the first drive video (loud):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DD-Y8pBi0
    Cheers.