Thread: Cmd gear control limits

Cmd gear control limits

This is a new parameter under transmission diagnostics in the latest version of HPT.

Can someone comment on the function of this table? I don't like modifying anything unless I understand how it might be referenced/used.

At face value, these settings might help to explain why the A4s don't always seem to downshift according to the mph vs tps settings.

Thanks
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

No one has any idea when these tables come into play?
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

they are used as limits for the PCM Controls in the scanner. ie. some cals prevent you holding 4th gear on the dyno at high RPM/speeds using the scanner. Changing these values fixes that.
    I count sheep in hex...

bringing up an old post here. carrying on the convo............ ok so my car is set to 3200rpm at 100km/hour for max settings......... for some reason my dads car (year previous model) has 5200rpm at 225km/hour.

His is a ex-cop car........ whats the advantage if any of changing mine to his settings?......

My dyno went to 215km/hour in 3rd gear and instantly dropped off.

That is what I am trying to find out as well. Where to set these limits- low and high side to get the trans to stay locked.

Tuner in Training
    I just noticed that my 3rd gear at WOT just free revs as if it's in neutral right around 5500 rpm. I looked at my commanded gear control limits and they are set to 5500 rpm. I don't think this is a coincidence. I am not connected to the scanner when this happens either. Will putting this to 7000 rpm prevent this from interfering my wot pulls?

As Chris mentioned, the cmd gear/rpm limits in the editor are only used when the scanner is commanding a gear/rpm. To be able to command any gear/rpm with the scanner, max the rpm & mph values in the editor.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5banger View Post
    I just noticed that my 3rd gear at WOT just free revs as if it's in neutral right around 5500 rpm. I looked at my commanded gear control limits and they are set to 5500 rpm. I don't think this is a coincidence. I am not connected to the scanner when this happens either. Will putting this to 7000 rpm prevent this from interfering my wot pulls?
    I know this is really old, but I'm new to HP tuners and I'm having this exact problem right after a new torque converter install and cam shaft. Wondering what you found was the solution?