Thread: How to delete O2 and disable STFT learning?

Tuner in Training

How to delete O2 and disable STFT learning?

Hi,

I am looking to delete the front O2 sensors with out getting the car into limp mode,

And how to disable adaptive learning for STFT. gas milage and part throttle performance is not an issue as i am focusing into deleteing the O2 and adaptive.

Just dont ask me why, i know that O2 is your friend and it compensate for wear and changes in engine dynamics.

Please if you have this info help me with it.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon
    Custom Tuning via Email Available

Don't take this the wrong way, but, the questions your asking are really really basic stuff, and if you spent a few minutes to get familiar with the software you'd answer your own questions.

I don't know what your up to and cant really think of a good reason as to why you'd want to disable the Front o2's. So tell us what your up to as I am curious.

You can turn off the adpative learning with the switch under the Engine>Fuel Control> Ol & CL tab> Learning switch set to disable.

Front o2's can be turned off several ways, first there's a switch you can set to "0" under Engine> General> o2 sensors fitted
    or you could unplug them and disable all the o2 sensor codes

If your trying to force open loop all the time, there's other ways to do this.

I can only imagine your trying to command an AFR other than stoich all the time? Trying to tune for peak torque across the board?
    Last edited by Fox95; 06-09-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Budy, Now we are talking, the question seems to be easy but believe me it is not.

1-When you turn the adaptive learning to disable fuel adaptive it will disable only the LTFT only,
    2-But the STFT is still affecting the car fuelling.

And this is what i am asking about it (( How to disable the STFT learning )).

3-About the O2 under Engine> General> o2 sensors fitted i set it to "0" (( The car goes to Limp mode )).

The thing is the car fuel trim has a strange behavior it goes from the upper limit to the Lower limit of the O2 ((on the wide band while idling it goes from 16.xx gradually to 10.xx and then it started again from 16.xx…..)), I suspected a bad O2 and I change it but still same thing, when i disable the LTFT the the car is much better but some times the AFR while idlling do the same behaviour but from 14.xx to 11.xx.

This is why I want to get rid of the O2, because i do not want the car to make any correction to the commanded AFR or keep the correction to the minimum limit, as i am planning to force OL to command different AFR other than stoich all the time and adjust the car with the wide band.
    Last edited by HA-KSA; 06-10-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon
    Custom Tuning via Email Available

like i mentioned earlier, there's easier better ways to force open loop. You really need to study the little info hints at the bottom of the page when you roll over the buttons in the software.

set your "closed loop delay" to the max time or set your "CL o2 sensor temp" to its max value.

But if you are having a problem like this, more than likely your maf transfer is way off at idle.

what are your stft's at at idle, with the adapt learning off?

what mods are done to your car?

I mean these cars are pretty damn good from the factory. unless your heavily modified with cams and supercharger, and huge injectors, you shouldn't have issues like this unless you have been tuning your maf transfer improperly.

And the fact that you said your planning to force OL all the time to and adjust afr with your wideband, your going to be in for alot of down time sitting on the side of the road reflashing for all the changing conditions. Just let the ecm do it for you....there's no reason for what your trying to accomplish. this again sounds like another attempt of someone trying to "fix" something that isn't broken.
    Last edited by Fox95; 06-10-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Advanced Tuner
    This sounds rediculously complicated and unneeded.

What is your magical setup?

Are you trying to make a lunar rover?

Senior Tuner
    Two things:

Set Adaptive to OFF, and Change the TP to Force OL to all 0s. Bam, you're done.

However, like stated above, I'm not sure why you want to do this. Mind putting up your mods to your vehicle?
    Last edited by RWTD; 06-16-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    I figure he's trying to run a car in an oxygen deprived environment, i.e. Space.

That caused the car not to start in the 05+ I have tried it on. (works on pre 05+ Mustangs

Set the TEMP FOR HEGO to go Closed LOOP to like 2000 degrees.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC