Thread: Need good mail order tuner with HPT

Tuner in Training

Need good mail order tuner with HPT

NEVER MIND >>>IGNORE POST I kept working on the tune and I think I'm getting close...thanks to WS6firebird00 for helping sterr me in the right direction ...... Hi all, Well I have been playing with the tune on my car for a few days now and with some help from others here it is better but I just can't get it running the way I would like. So I decided I might be better off paying a good tuner to let me email my tune and log files to them and then get updates from them to load and send new log etc. That being said here is what I have and whats going on:

I seem to be low on power, dyno'd at 390 for the components that I have and I also seem to be going through a lot more fuel than I think I should. I have a 2001 Vette LS1 with trick flow 215 heads (which were not milled and using stock gasket also have trick flow cam 228/230 .344 cam lift, .585 valve lift & 112 lope sep. A 25% underdrive pulley, LG street headers with catted x-pipe which connects to Z06 TI catback. Stll running the stock intake manifold and throttle body which are behind a vararam CAI. Oh yeah and a 3.42 rear end. Any suggestions would be great. I am running 10.5 compression and also run a 160 thermostat.

Another problem I have is the car pushes a little...example I can be doing 40 mph and take my foot off the gas and it never slows down. Mainly seems to do this from say around 50mph, don't notice it at highway speeds but it might be there not sure. Has WS6FirebirdTA00 offer some advice that helped a lot, but it seems like I make an adjustment and then something else is out of wack.

I am running out of time to work on this tune as work is getting very busy so for my sanity's sake I decided to go this route. Anyone know of a good tuner to help me here. Sadly I won't learn as much but at least I can get the car running better and then do a stare and compare to maybe pickup a few pointers for the future

Feel free to call me or email me to discuss this if you like.

Frank
    303-594-1972
    [email protected]
    Last edited by arrow322; 06-06-2008 at 05:10 PM.