Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New A6 Transmission parameters walkthrough

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    ok after 5mins of looking i realized i already have these params mapped out (i'm sure they are the ones you are talking about). I JUST FORGOT TO ADD THEM during the last update!!! Hence, my confusion as to what you were talking about.

Punch me in the arm at SEMA

Adding them now...
    Oh, and if you need someone to do some real world testing I'd be happy to help out so just PM me.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Oh, and if you need someone to do some real world testing I'd be happy to help out so just PM me.

Christopher
    WERD!
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

screenshot attached. Please email support and they will advise when new beta is available.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    screenshot attached. Please email support and they will advise when new beta is available.

Chris...
    See, now aren't you glad I nagged you death about this?

yeah they might be ready by the weekend. i already had 95% of the work done so just a couple of hrs and it should be finished.

Hopefully these are the ones
    I count sheep in hex...

yeah they might be ready by the weekend. i already had 95% of the work done so just a couple of hrs and it should be finished.

Hopefully these are the ones
    Nice! thank you!

so, i'm guessing, if you adjust the adders or multipliers with the main T/M enabled, we should be able to change the way timing is pulled during shifts?

hopefully its somewhat like this....well see
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Chris...
    Looks very promising!
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    This is what Vector Motorsports claims. ya, they use their on OS, but it would still be nice to do

after comparing these two logs (my G8 log i made with T/M enabled vs. a G8 log with a vector tune), i had a guy with a vector PCM/TCM tune log some runs with HPT. no, T/M isn't turned off on his vector tune (they say they just slightly adjust it for most), but it doesn't drop as rapidly compared to mine. the second mine car hits the commanded shift timing goes in the negatives. the vector tune slowly drops. maybe there or other variables...i don't know. but there is definitely a difference at WOT commanded shifts.

what do you guys think? maybe shift timings/speeds take in effect?

would someone mind posting a WOT run with a stock G8? stock tune anyways...
    Do you have a log of the VMS tuned car where you have logged the pressures of the various pressure control solenoids? Might help explain what they have done to some of the settings HPT has access to.
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've emailed everyone that has contacted support as we've posted the new beta with these additional parameters.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I've emailed everyone that has contacted support as we've posted the new beta with these additional parameters.
    Could you give us a quick tutorial on the new values?

As an example, if I wanted to enable TM but only at 80% what values would I use?

Thanks,
    Christopher

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No clue

i do have one quick question. do you guy recommend rereading the VCM with the beta editor? or is all the info already in our current HPT files? i've done it both ways in the past, just wondering what you think.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The info is already in your current hpt files.

Advanced Tuner
    No clue
    I'm assuming that Chris will read this and chime in at some point?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If he has an understanding of how the tables work Im sure he'll chime in, but as you've probably noticed nothing with these transmissions is easy to understand and not any easier to try to explain

Advanced Tuner
    If he has an understanding of how the tables work Im sure he'll chime in, but as you've probably noticed nothing with these transmissions is easy to understand and not any easier to try to explain
    I understand that but like before, we at least need to have some idea of what values to use especially for something as important as TM.

Looking at the Shift Torque Factor values, given that the default value is 1.0 but allows for a range of -32 to +32, what values would represent 50%, 75% or anything else in the range of 0-100%?

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    I understand that but like before, we at least need to have some idea of what values to use especially for something as important as TM.

Looking at the Shift Torque Factor values, given that the default value is 1.0 but allows for a range of -32 to +32, what values would represent 50%, 75% or anything else in the range of 0-100%?
    i think it would be like if you change it the 1-2 factor to .5 from 1 (because 1 multiply by any number is the original number. at .5 it would be half). the trans would be reading half the shift torque which might change the way timing is pulled. I don't know, just a theory. ill be messing with it in the next few hours.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Advanced Tuner
    i think it would be like if you change it the 1-2 factor to .5 from 1 (because 1 multiply by any number is the original number. at .5 it would be half). the trans would be reading half the shift torque which might change the way timing is pulled. I don't know, just a theory. ill be messing with it in the next few hours.
    That's what I kinda thought too, but just wanted to get confirmation from somebody first in order to be safe.

Christopher

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure, I don't know the code nearly well enough to know how the A6's work. Not many do in all honesty.

Not sure, I don't know the code nearly well enough to know how the A6's work. Not many do in all honesty.
    i hear ya. well wish me luck! going out in a few minutes
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb