Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New A6 Transmission parameters walkthrough

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Talking New A6 Transmission parameters walkthrough

Most of you know our engineers have been hard at work adding new features lately to all of our platforms, one project that is finally finished is adding ~460 new transmission parameters for the A6 which includes but is not limited to the Corvette, G8 & many trucks/suv's. Now with over 1000 editable tables & parameters for most calibrations we are confident we have one of if not thee most complete package for tuning these vehicles.

In light of this for those who would like a glimpse of the added goodness I present to you the A6 parameter walk through which will show you all of the current & newly added parameters for the TCM.

A6 Walkthrough
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 12-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Looks awesome!!! Of course the big question, when will these parameters be released?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They have already been released in a new PUBLIC update available from your customer login page at www.hptuners.com

PS yes its nearly 2am and I'm still sending out emails to those that requested this update

Advanced Tuner
    For the love of Pete that is a LOT of "parametry!" Awesome job on this!

(I don't see the updated build, still at April 30th for me.)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LazMan
    For the love of Pete that is a LOT of "parametry!" Awesome job on this!

(I don't see the updated build, still at April 30th for me.)
    Its in there

Build date just doesn't change

Advanced Tuner
    good job guys!!!!!

now i need to plan a 6speed swap for my truck. by next year will you guys have a segment swap available for this tranny?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsrt4
    good job guys!!!!!

now i need to plan a 6speed swap for my truck. by next year will you guys have a segment swap available for this tranny?
    The tranny has its own TCM they no longer use segments.

Advanced Tuner
    really? what year did they change that at? interesting. so its just a TCM swap as well. i guess thats a smart move

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    GM has been putting TCM's in vehicles since ~00' for 01 model year vehicles & they've been changing over more & more vehicles to have a tcm & pcm since then to where most of their vehicles now have both.

Advanced Tuner
    oh ok. that makes sense. i just see so many segment swap requests i just assumed...you know what they say about that. thanks once again bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners

PS yes its nearly 2am and I'm still sending out emails to those that requested this update

Bill, thanks for all the hard work and overtime!

Had it not rained today, the update would have been just in time for our track rental that was scheduled for today!

Now I have time to do some tweaking.
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    So, does anyone know what it would take to convert the external TCM wiring to the internal type? Say, wiring in a 6L80/90 in place of a 4L70? I'm thinking a wrecked escalade should be a good source for the trannies...might even be able to find an AWD compatible 6L90 trans for my TBSS...that would be the shiznit. Maybe the shifter from the escalade would be needed too...do they have console shifters?

Advanced Tuner

Where is it

They have already been released in a new PUBLIC update available from your customer login page at www.hptuners.com

Bill,

I dont see it under my customer log in page. The latest update is the 2.22.

thnx

Most of you know our engineers have been hard at work adding new features lately to all of our platforms, one project that is finally finished is adding ~460 new transmission parameters for the A6 which includes but is not limited to the Corvette, G8 & many trucks/suv's. Now with over 1000 editable tables & parameters for most calibrations we are confident we have one of if not thee most complete package for tuning these vehicles.

In light of this for those who would like a glimpse of the added goodness I present to you the A6 parameter walk through which will show you all of the current & newly added parameters for the TCM.

A6 Walkthrough
    Looks good I have a simple suggestion - there are so many more parameters now with the small screen you have to do excessive scrolling to get to everything while working on it. Can you make the base screen for shift properties and such maximizeable vertically by being able to use the windows icon box in the upper right corner? Dragging the bottom of the box everytime is a pain.

Also, is it possible to put each category such as "Base Power Downshift" in a single table so a tuner can multiply or add to all of the parameters without manually calculating each one and typing it in? This would take up a lot less room on the main page and be fast to cut and paste once a tuner figures out the right base combo. Just initial thoughts....

Other than that looks good I'm playing with it all now because there was lots I couldn't adjust before. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by turboLS2; 06-07-2008 at 10:18 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK
    Bill,

I dont see it under my customer log in page. The latest update is the 2.22.

thnx
    Thats the one

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any documentation available for each of the new A6 parameters that were added?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The scroll over help gives a brief description of each & I will have the task of adding them to the public help file. If you want more than that it would need to come from GM as the system is so complex it even takes GM thousands of pages to explain it

Advanced Tuner
    The scroll over help gives a brief description of each & I will have the task of adding them to the public help file. If you want more than that it would need to come from GM as the system is so complex it even takes GM thousands of pages to explain it
    Is that GM information available to the public anywhere?

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth (because having all the additional parameters is great) but if the only documentation available is a brief description, I think a lot of people are going to be hesitant to change any of the new parameters without fully understanding how they'll affect the car as well as any potential harm they could do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure if its public or not but I highly doubt our engineers are going to have time to write a book on A6 tuning. Tuning is and always will be as much R&D work as anything else. Whether you want to take part in being the first to try something new is really up to you. The additional parameters were asked for by many individuals & tunershops alike that will more than likely dive right in but for additional documentation of what each will do if you change it you'll be hardpressed to find it as much is unknown to anyone other than the designers of the transmission & the code itself.

I'll leave the explaining of things like inertia factor profile & such to the guys who thought it up
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-09-2008 at 02:57 PM.

I've downloaded the update and had a look at all the new parameters and all I can say is wow!

Can we ask questions about specific parameters? Are we likely to get an answer?
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E