Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New A6 Transmission parameters walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    2.23!!!! Damn, I bought straight from HP. I guess I just download the latests and greatest version.

Anything made by ZF is top notch. ZF is light years ahead of GM when it comes to trannies, but GM doesn't just build trannies.

CALL ME STUPID BUT I CAN'T FIND VERSION 2.23. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    2.23 is the beta version. You have to email support and request to get access to it.
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

Quote Originally Posted by carneb View Post
    2.23 is the beta version. You have to email support and request to get access to it.

Thanks.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carneb View Post
    OK. So the giant leap forward for A6 calibration was in 2.22?

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    OK. So the giant leap forward for A6 calibration was in 2.22?
    Yes. Lots more parameters were added in 2.22
    VE Calais V 6.0L L98 V8 6L80E

Download the newest version on the customer page. It has ALL the newest parameters.

I never thought I would get the A6 to chirp 3rd, but........and on 24's!
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    Download the newest version on the customer page. It has ALL the newest parameters.

I never thought I would get the A6 to chirp 3rd, but........and on 24's!
    Hey cool!

Is this at WOT? What rpm is the 2-3 shift point at?

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Hey cool!

Is this at WOT? What rpm is the 2-3 shift point at?

I set all my normal WOT shift points at 5800. Don't need to pull any more than that. Besides, this truck is heavy!!

I will post my tune when I am done. The A6 just needs alittle direction and she performs on a whole new level. Being a tranny tech gives me alot of insight on what is going to work. With the total tunability of the A6 and what you can actually change. The skies the limit. I have noticed alot of stuff that can get you in trouble and on a wrecker if you are not careful and you think too much.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

I look forward to some suggested shift timing changes based on expert testing. I'm surprised Russ Kemp hasn't posted here. I think I've read and learned from every one of his A4 postings.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Can someone quickly explain what the new tables for Torque Management do?? Like, what the hell is Tip-in TqMgt, Flare TqMgt and skip??

Tip-in is when you tip-in during a shift, ie. shift has started and you increase throttle during the shift.

Flare is used to limit engine RPM increase to a limit during a shift, often during power downshift skip shifts

A skip downshift is when the trans makes a multiple gear downshift eg. 5-3 by shifting 5-N-3. A clutch to clutch transmission can make this shift by simply disengaging all clutches and selecting the correct oncoming clutches for the desired gear. Obviously when the trans is in neutral, engine RPM will increase quite a lot without torque management. Nonetheless, some people have requested the ability to disable this. Note that simply disabling the powerdownshift torque management is not enough, there are extra checks for skip downshifts as well (obviously GM didn't want to make it too easy to disable it for calibrators).

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22771
    I count sheep in hex...

We've been doing a ton of testing on the new A6. Midevil1 is totally right, the A6 can be an incredible transmission (and complicated). We have 2 test cars, one's an 08 Vette LS3 A6 and the other a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. On the Vette, the paddle shifters were almost useless unless you pulled the trigger at 4500 RPM at WOT. Otherwise it would just bang the rev limiter. Fortunatley we've gotten it set up to work great now, it's incredible! Paddle shifting is really fun when it's tuned right.

The G8 has a nice shift as well... We're in the middle of writing it up now.

Bob

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

You can, and I have virtually eliminated the skip shift and flare shift issue's that the transmission had with the stock tuning. I would almost dare to say it is gone. If anyone is familiar with the 5r110 Ford tranny and the TOW option it has and how it keeps you from virtually not needing to use your brakes.? I have got the A6 doing exactly that! I am excited for GM guys. That was something that I always loved about Ford. Playing with MPH, RPM, pressure, and timing of your upshift and downshift will reap wonderful results.

I haven't seen tranny temps over 145 degrees even in aggressive upshift and downshift driving. Tranny is capable of barking 3rd gear and banging the driveshaft in 4th. This is being done in a 6000lb Yukon Denali on 24's. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with this tranny. GM has finally built a real tranny, since the days of the Turbo models!
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We've been doing a ton of testing on the new A6. Midevil1 is totally right, the A6 can be an incredible transmission (and complicated). We have 2 test cars, one's an 08 Vette LS3 A6 and the other a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. On the Vette, the paddle shifters were almost useless unless you pulled the trigger at 4500 RPM at WOT. Otherwise it would just bang the rev limiter. Fortunatley we've gotten it set up to work great now, it's incredible! Paddle shifting is really fun when it's tuned right.

The G8 has a nice shift as well... We're in the middle of writing it up now.

Bob
    Would be interested in knowing how when you get it written up.

My A6 tranny tune got knocked down a few notches. Watch out! 2.23 has some NASTY bugs. Got my TCM back incase someone from support reads this....thanks anyway. I am sticking with 2.22 until someone tells me all is clear with 2.23.

BETA says it all. I know.......
    2023 Ford Edge ST

what exactly happened?? Please PM me if u don't wanna say here.. I don't wanna ruin my A6 with the beta

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    My A6 tranny tune got knocked down a few notches. Watch out! 2.23 has some NASTY bugs. Got my TCM back incase someone from support reads this....thanks anyway. I am sticking with 2.22 until someone tells me all is clear with 2.23.

BETA says it all. I know.......
    I would like to know what happened as well

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I would like to know what happened as well

That's why I didn't devulge any details. Do you want me to PM you details? It sneaks up on you slowly and WALA!
    2023 Ford Edge ST

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think the screenshot explains where you need to send the details.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Anyone know why G8 GXP trans tune is so much different the G8 GT. The TCC I can understand from the rear gear ratio, but pressure and inertia tables are much different.

Bill any ETA on the official release? Last I heard was April.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Tuner

Shift Properties tab

When I first downloaded the tune for my car I had a lot more options under the "Shift Properties" tab. Now I only have the following options showing up. How can I get the rest of the properties to show up?
    08' G8 GT
    08' G6 GT
    05' CBR600RR
    02' Z28