Thread: Can't read past 105kpa 2006 gto

Tuner in Training

Can't read past 105kpa 2006 gto

Ok so I've done some searching and from what I gather after applying the 2bar os the manifold absolute pressure (sae) in the scanner should read above 105kpa. I cannot get it to, key on engine off map reads 101kpa so Im pretty sure my map settings in the tune are right, using sensor Smp as314 (linear=200, linear b=66.66, offset=10.33) I set the gauges and charts to read past the 105 mark as well.

Any help is appreciated, tune and config attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

The regular map channel stops at 105kpa, change to the 2 bar MAP channel.

Or does that not work on the GTO computers?
    Last edited by 5FDP; 06-22-2022 at 10:09 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

What part number MAP sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The regular map channel stops at 105kpa, change to the 2 bar MAP channel.

Or does that not work on the GTO computers?
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    That option isn't given with the e40 pcm from what I've gathered.

Tuner in Training
    Smp AS314

That crosses to 12615136, and it doesn't use 10.33 for the offset.

Remove the MAP channel, repoll for supported parameters, then re-add the MAP.

Did you just swap in the LSA? Looks like you are going to run it as SD? Go to Engine---Airflow---Dynamic---set enable to 8000 and reenable to 7900. Your Base running airflow in the idle areas are at least twice---maybe almost 3 times higher than you need.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    That crosses to 12615136, and it doesn't use 10.33 for the offset.

Remove the MAP channel, repoll for supported parameters, then re-add the MAP.
    Ok, I'll adjust that. I did remove map and repoll already though and that didn't work. Didn't think map offset not being perfect would keep it from going past 105 though?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Did you just swap in the LSA? Looks like you are going to run it as SD? Go to Engine---Airflow---Dynamic---set enable to 8000 and reenable to 7900. Your Base running airflow in the idle areas are at least twice---maybe almost 3 times higher than you need.
    The guy needing the tune did, I'll look into those tables thanks. I'm used to my 3bar '02 camaro, this gto is a different animal lol...

Is this something that happens in the main channel list, or in the graphs/charts? Can you post a log showing the issue?

Tuner in Training
    Is this something that happens in the main channel list, or in the graphs/charts? Can you post a log showing the issue?
    It doesn't read past 105kpa anywhere in the scanner, I'll post a log when I get home from work.

Tuner in Training
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Assuming 2bar has been applied correctly and correct MAP data has been entered, there is a different MAP channel you need to log. Just log them all and see which one goes above 105 and delete the others.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Assuming 2bar has been applied correctly and correct MAP data has been entered, there is a different MAP channel you need to log. Just log them all and see which one goes above 105 and delete the others.
    It has manifold absolute pressure sae
    Mani absolute pressure
    And mani vacuum

I've tried both pressures and both stop at 105, didnt think vacuum would log above 105 but I can try that. And I did an info log in scanner and it shows the operating system as 1250157 which the tune list that os as the 2bar os...
    Last edited by Devonsz; 06-23-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Shoot, try logging the non SAE pid by itself then. If that does not work I am not sure what else you could do other than confirm your MAP sensor and actual MAP sensor data are a correct match.

Advanced Tuner
    Took a look at the log. Have you messed with Vehicle Profiles at all? The log details on the scanner are blank. Maybe re-install the HPT software if you have the original install file for the version you want to remain on. If you do not want to re-install and you have not modified your save paths for your HPT install you can try deleting vehicle profiles that are saved here C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles. Close all HPT programs before deleting any files, delete them, restart HPT, connect to the vehicle and re-poll for supported parameters. If that does not work try it a second time but the second time also delete the VCMSuite.cfg file located here C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\HP Tuners\Settings. Open the scanner, re-sync your MPVI device, connect to the vehicle, and re-poll. You'll have to contact support if none of that works.

Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE) is the only channel that would read over 105kPa for me. I use the 12615136 sensor and 200,66.66,8.00 for sensor data.

I have seen before that sometimes if you trim a logfile down by using the export function, it blanks out all the stuff in the Details pane. I'm guessing that with 'clip' in the filename, that's what was done here.

What's weird is, when that happens, you can export the exact same part of the file again and nothing gets blanked out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Took a look at the log. Have you messed with Vehicle Profiles at all? The log details on the scanner are blank. Maybe re-install the HPT software if you have the original install file for the version you want to remain on. If you do not want to re-install and you have not modified your save paths for your HPT install you can try deleting vehicle profiles that are saved here C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles. Close all HPT programs before deleting any files, delete them, restart HPT, connect to the vehicle and re-poll for supported parameters. If that does not work try it a second time but the second time also delete the VCMSuite.cfg file located here C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\HP Tuners\Settings. Open the scanner, re-sync your MPVI device, connect to the vehicle, and re-poll. You'll have to contact support if none of that works.

Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE) is the only channel that would read over 105kPa for me. I use the 12615136 sensor and 200,66.66,8.00 for sensor data.
    I will delete that stuff and re-poll, I did just switch to a new laptop and emailed old tunes and scanner stuff to myself to save to this one so maybe that's part of it?...

Thank you all for the help so far, this thing has me ready to flip my sh*t lol...

Senior Tuner
    In the log I only saw 97kPA . Are you sure it's just not making boost? Bypass on the LSA hooked up right? No intake tubing sucking shut?

There is no special pid or anything to log with 2 bar OS and GEN 4 ECM's
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs