Thread: 2nd part throttle acel slip. WOT still grabs great! Force Motor or Line Press.??

Tuner

2nd part throttle acel slip. WOT still grabs great! Force Motor or Line Press.??

My trans has been great for months now after a good trans tune from Russ K. I have Corvette servos now and lowered my torque management to 0%. But I have been doing some 2nd gear pulls alot more really making that band struggle to hold 2000-3500 rpms with boost.
    My problem is that when I do a part throttle acceleration in 2nd gear my trans feels like it slips. The rpms climb and it slides around then grabs. My wot shifts are still very firm. Should I add a little more line pressure in the part throttle area?? or should I lower the force motor in that area??

Tuner
    Ok i drove around logging some trans sensors and I found out that my line pressure is only 47 at wot!!. In 3rd at wot its 96 across the board.

in frames 3026-3032 on a kick down i have really crappy line pressure and it slipped really bad... as you can tell in the spike in rpm and like 2 mph gain.

Something tells me now that is there something actually wrong inside the trans that is not letting line pressure through??

I know this is getting to be not a tuning problem but a mechanical issue but i would greatly appriciate a tip to be pointed in the right direction

Thank!